Subject: iCalendar objects wanted

From: Bob Mahoney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:08:35 -0400

During a discussion of planning for the next CalConnect (with a 
November target), it was suggested that it would be useful to 
assemble a collection of good example iCal objects, illustrating as 
wide a range of operations as possible, to facilitate testing.

The idea is that we have a shared repository of agreed-to-be-valid 
objects that can assist in interoperability testing.   Both the 
crafting and subsequent testing of these objects would likely be 
illustrative.

To that end, if you have objects you are using in test suites, or 
ones you can craft to illustrate a particular part of the grammar, 
please send them to the list.  Pat and I will collect these and make 
them available in some easy to find place, so that people can begin 
to test their implementations.

Obviously, November is still a ways off, but starting soon will allow 
us to go through the "we all agree these objects are valid iCalendar" 
process on the mailing list..

-Bob

---

From: Eric Busboom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 22:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

> to test their implementations.

I extracted the components from RFC2445 and 2446 and put them online as
2445.ics and 2446.ics at ftp://ftp.softwarestudio.org/pub/studio2/. These
are not exact copies of the components in the RFCs -- I fixed numerous
errors, but everything else is the same. 

There are many other example components, including the RECUR
specifications from RFC2445, in the latest libical distribution. Libical
now implements nearly all of RFC2445 and RFC2446. See
http://softwarestudio.org/libical/index.html for more information. 

eric.