Subject: Re: Subject: Registration of text/calendar MIME property REQUEST-STATUS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:50:43 -0400

George proposed:

>Note: The changes that were made to this iCAL property:
>      1) statdesc is now optional
>      2) more examples were added
>      3) can be specified in any calendar component

I have a concern about #1.  If the VERSION is still 2.0 then any product 
that parses the REQUEST-STATUS of RFC 2445 will not find what it expects 
and may treat it as a bad property.  Since this change was "needed by CAP" then perhaps someone whose scribing can please explain WHY that 
particular change is necessary for CAP??

FWIW: The other 2 reasons are fine (albeit Im not sure why you would want 
REQUEST-STATUS in a VTIMEZONE...)

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:03:05 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> and may treat it as a bad property.  Since this change was "needed by
> CAP" then perhaps someone whose scribing can please explain WHY that

Remember the, what language should it be in, debate?  Its one
of the bugs in iCalendar what was discussed (a lot).

How about one SPACE character for when it does not apply?

> REQUEST-STATUS in a VTIMEZONE...)

Any query to a CAP server needs to be able to return a status.
You can query for a VTIMEZONE.

-Doug