Subject: Re: iTIP: Who sent that message?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:54:13 -0400

>Remember that an
>Event may already have several ATTENDEEs with SENT-BY parameters. We 
still
>need to figure out which SENT-BY is sending the COUNTER. 

Bruce:
I agree with you on this one. The SENT-BY parameter was there to be used 
in a REPLY method. We never had any intentions that I can recall to 
persist this information. 
The SENT-BY is used by a person acting on behalf of the attendee. What I 
would expect the ORGANIZER to send out on a CONFIRM would merely be the 
updated ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT= value. This is born out by the examples in the 
iTIP spec. Not sure there is an example of a reschedule, forwarding of an 
invitation, or any other example with SENT-BY being persisted beyond the 
initial use in a REPLY. 
I agree with BRUCE...
-- Frank

---

From: Steve Mansour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:01:35 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:

> I agree with you on this one. The SENT-BY parameter was there to be
> used in a REPLY method. We never had any intentions that I can recall
> to persist this information.

You're suggesting we remove this before storing it ????   Really????

I don't know. It seems like pretty valuable information to remove.

> The SENT-BY is used by a person acting on behalf of the attendee. What
> I would expect the ORGANIZER to send out on a CONFIRM would merely be
> the updated ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT= value. This is born out by the examples
> in the iTIP spec. Not sure there is an example of a reschedule,
> forwarding of an invitation, or any other example with SENT-BY being
> persisted beyond the initial use in a REPLY.
>
> I agree with BRUCE...

So, are you saying that whenever an Organizer sends out an event or todo
to the attendees, all SENT-BY information should be removed?

-Steve