Subject: Re: Subject: Registration of text/calendar MIME property TRANSP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:55:26 -0400

George proposed the following ABNF change:

                / "TRANSPARENT-NOCONFLICT"  ; Transparent on busy time
                                            ; searches and no other OPAQUE
                                            ; or OPAQUE-NOCONFLICT event
                                            ; can overlap it.

                / "OPAQUE-NOCONFLICT"       ; Opaque on busy time
                                            ; searches and no other OPAQUE
                                            ; or OPAQUE-NOCONFLICT event
                                            ; can overlap it.

Im curious why for TRANSPARENT-NOCONFLICT it does not also prohibit 
overlapping TRANSPARENT-NOCONFLICT events (entries really, vToDos count 
too yes??).  Also, why does OPAQUE-NOCONFLICT not preclue 
TRANSPARENT-NOCONFLICT entries as well??

Im assuming that a *-NOCONFLICT should not allow any overlaps unless it is 
_just_ TRANSPARENT; just the text in the ABNF is not quite there...  If 
the intent was NOT to do this then how come??

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:06:41 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> Im assuming that a *-NOCONFLICT should not allow any overlaps unless it
> is _just_ TRANSPARENT; just the text in the ABNF is not quite there...

Your correct *-NOCONFLICT should not allow any overlaps.
TRANSPARENT just has todo with if it shows up in VFREBUSY searches.