Subject: REQUEST-STATUS & CAP Querries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:20:51 -0400

I have a new question about REQUEST-STATUS and how it is used in CAP.  If 
a CUA uses CAP to query what TZs are available for a particular criteria 
(GEO-BOUNDS, etc.) but does not indicate it wants REQUEST-STATUS values 
back; will the CAP server send them anyway?

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:49:37 -0700

> back; will the CAP server send them anyway?

(1) CAP places them every place iTIP needs them, and if
    a CAP error occurred, then,

(2) All responces from a CAP server for non-iTIP METHOD's include
    at least one REQUEST-STATUS for all failures. This applies
    to VTIMEZONE and all other containers (if any others).

-Doug