Subject: Delegation model: Breaking chains

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:21:00 -0400

Ok, I had a tough time w/the subject but read on anyway...

In the current iCalendar/iTIP model it is possible to have a delegation 
'chain' several layers deep.  Im curious what others think the proper 
behaviour should be in iCalendar/iTIP for dealing with delegatees that 
have been 'undelegated'.  That is, I delegate to Frank Dawson who now 
becomes active in the workflow process; he may further delegate or stay 
active.  At some point later on I decide I want to either designate a new 
Delegatee or to take back that entry (ie: I will attend the conf. call 
after all).  So, here are some of my questions:

Just what becomes of Frank (and other 'sub-Delegatees' he may have created 
by that time)? 
Is Frank punted from the process??  If so, how?  If not, what exactly is 
his standing then (and should he still be my "Delegatee")??
Does Frank continue to be my Delegatee even though I change it to someone 
else? 
Just how does the Delegator tell the Delegatee that they are no longer the 
Delegatee?  (Or does the Organzier have to do this??)

Thats enough for now.  Thoughts??

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...