Subject: SKiCal: SKiCal specific component properties (Part 2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:16:41 -0400

Argh, a bit too tired and clicked on the send button instead of my SKiCal 
window tab (just above the button)...

I did see the text in 3. SKiCal specific component properties that mentioned that SKiCal was extending the RFC 2445 ABNF:

         Therefore any component property, which MAY appear in a 
   VEVENT iCalendar component, is also allowed in a SKiCal object.

but the ABNF that followed it could be misread.  That was my point in my 
runt posting...

I also am curious about the phrase found at the bottom of this section, a 
"term":

   It is RECOMMENDED that publishers chose the terms used as TEXT type 
   property values from authoritative lists of terms. Those publishers 
   who consequently use terms found in such lists will facilitate 
   extensive automatic treatment of their information.

There is no clear definition of what 'term' is but Im guessing its 
"values".  Can the SKiCal authors please define this term better before 
using it??

Also the talk of ""MANAGEMENT" header (Calendar object management)" is also a bit confusing since these are not RFC terms.  Can someone 
please rephrase the contents of the last paragraph in that section a bit 
so it is clearer??

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:37:39 +0200

Ok - terms are values.

We will look at management.

Greg

Bruce:

I did see the text in 3. SKiCal specific component properties that mentioned
that SKiCal was extending the RFC 2445 ABNF:

There is no clear definition of what 'term' is but Im guessing its "values".
Can the SKiCal authors please define this term better before using it??

Also the talk of ""MANAGEMENT" header (Calendar object management)" is also
a bit confusing since these are not RFC terms.  Can someone please rephrase
the contents of the last paragraph in that section a bit so it is clearer??

Bruce

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:44:00 +0200

Ok - terms are values.

Greg

Bruce:

Aright, a bit too tired and clicked on the send button instead of my SKiCal
window tab (just above the button)...

Bruce