Subject: SKiCal & QUALVALUE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:41:15 -0400

Section 2.5  Qualification value parameter shows an incorrect ABNF for the new property parameter.  The ABNF is:

    qualvalparam = text 

but it really needs to be:

    qualvalparam = "QUALVALUE" = text 

or probably even:

    qualvalparam = "QUALVALUE" = 
                        ( x-name                ; Experimental type
                        / iana-token )          ; Other IANA registered
                                                ; type

Also, are there any suggested value (like there were with QUALTYPE and 
QUALRULE)??

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Pär Lannerö <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:37:59 +0200

>     qualvalparam = "QUALVALUE" = text

Correct.

>                        / iana-token )          ; Other IANA registered

If you look at the examples:
ADMISSION;QUALTYPE=SKILL;QUALRULE=RECOMMENDED;QUALVALUE="Horse  
 Riding Experience":
ADMISSION;QUALTYPE=AGE;QUALRULE=REQUIRED;QUALVALUE=gt 5: 
you see that the qualvalue can be a range of different types, depending
on the qualtype.
So I think we need to allow any 

As always, it will be more easily treated by machines if values are
choosen from well known namespaces, such as the list of IANA registered
types. But there aren't too many of those lists around yet. (There will
be, of course, when more and more information is being made available to
an audience of robots and autonomous agents.)

Thanks/Pär