Subject: Proposed Text for RFC2445 Issue #1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

This is a proposal to address RFC2445 Issue number 1, from the issues list
online at: 

	http://www.softwarestudio.org/iCal/2445Issues.html

Issue #1 is: 

	FMTYPE can't hold MIME type; no / allowed
	http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg02989.html

This proposal will be open for discussion for two weeks, so please send
any comments soon. 

eric. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two parts to the proposal: 

	1) Add a new parameter type, FILE-NAME
	2) Modify the ATTACH property to use the new parameter

1) Add a new parameter type, FILE-NAME
----------------------
   Parameter Name: FILE-NAME

   Purpose: To specify the filename of a referenced object

   Format Definition: The property parameter is defined by the following
   notation:
     filenameparam = "FILE-NAME" "=" param-value

   Description: This parameter can be specified on properties that are
   used to reference an object. The parameter specifies the file name
   of the referenced object.

   Example:
      ATTACH;FILE-NAME=agenda.doc;FMTTYPE=application/binary
       :ftp://domain.com/pub/docs/agenda.doc

----------------------

2) Modify the ATTACH property to use the new parameter

---------------------
  attparam = *(
                ; the following are optional,
                ; but MUST NOT occur more than once
                (";" fmttypeparam) /
		(";" filenameparam )/
                ; the following is optional,
                ; and MAY occur more than once
                (";" xparam)
--------------------

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:52:58 -0400

>         1) Add a new parameter type, FILE-NAME

How does this solve the problem with FMTTYPE?

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |There are footprints on the moon. No feet, just|
[email-masked]|footprints.                                    |
\================================================================/