Subject: iTIP Common Component Restriction Tables (vAlarms)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:25:08 -0400

Ok, perhaps I should queue these into a longer posting but Im not going 
to.  In diving deeper into 3.1 Common Component Restriction Tables I found that the vAlarm table is incomplete WRT RFC 2445 ABNF.  In 
particular the RFC 2446 restriction table is:

   Component/Property  Presence
   ------------------- ----------------------------------------------
   VALARM              0+
       ACTION          1
       ATTACH          0+
       DESCRIPTION     0 or 1
       DURATION        0 or 1  if present REPEAT MUST be present
       REPEAT          0 or 1  if present DURATION MUST be present
       SUMMARY         0 or 1
       TRIGGER         1
       X-PROPERTY      0+

The oversight is that for Email alarms, not all properties are in the 
table above.  From 2445:

     emailprop  = 5*(
[Snip]
                ; the following is REQUIRED,
                ; and MAY occur more than once

                attendee /

The restriction table in RFC 2446 needs to be amended to include:

       ATTENDEE        0+

Any disagreement? (It is 0+ instead of 1+ since only EMail alarms have 
them...)

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:22:52 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:

> ...

OK, we can update the valarm table in 3.1 to include:

    ATTENDEE       0+      Can only be present when the ACTION
                           property has the value EMAIL

-Steve