Subject: Proposed Text for RFC2445 Issue #3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

This is a proposal to address RFC2445 Issue number 3, from the issues list
online at:
 
        http://www.softwarestudio.org/iCal/2445Issues.html
 
Issue #3 is:
 
	DATE DTSTART and RECURRENCE-ID 
	http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg03549.html

This proposal will be open for discussion for two weeks, so please send
any comments soon.
 
eric.                     

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In section 4.8.4.4, Recurrence ID, change:
   If the value of the "DTSTART" property is a DATE type value, then the
   value MUST be the calendar date for the recurrence instance. 

to:

   If the value of the "DTSTART" property is a DATE type value, then the
   value MUST be the calendar date for the recurrence instance. The
   "DTSTART" property MUST NOT have a DATE type value if any recurrence
   rule for the the component has a BYHOUR, BYMINUTE or BYSECOND BYxxx
   rule part.