Subject: RE: iCal sighting in the wild

From: "Naveen Kachroo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:14:40 -0700

As some of you on the mailing list already know, Exchange 2000 Server
has shipped and supports a large subset of the RFC 2445/2446/2447
standards. We support both REQUEST and REPLY for icalendar and full
interop with Outlook/MAPI clients on the server. Download a copy today
and check it out.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stracke [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 12:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: iCal sighting in the wild

Mark Tearle wrote:

> I presume the are referring to iCal and iMiP.

Not necessarily.  They say "meeting requests can be sent to others over
e-mail using the iCal
standard", which could just be sending an attached iCalendar, with no
room for a reply (much
as vCalendar has been used in the past).

(This isn't to denegrate Mac Office; even basic iCalendar is useful.)

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"I said no camels! That's 5 camels! Can't you|
[email-masked]|count?" -- Indiana Jones & TLC               |
\==============================================================/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:55:16 -0600

We plan to have another iteration of the Guide to Internet calendaring 
posted as well as updates to iCalendar and the next flavor of the CAP 
draft.  There has been activity recently on command tables that needed to 
be updated/added to CAP.  Also, we will talk about arrangements for the 
next CalConnect which is slated to occur in early 2001.
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

Mark Tearle <[email-masked]>
10/18/00 03:46 AM

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc:     [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Subject:        Re: iCal sighting in the wild

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> I have been planning on setting up an iCalendar web site with just this 
> information.  I hope to have it up and running within a few weeks.  The 
> next IETF meeting is December in San Diego.
> ___________________
> Patricia Egen Consulting
> www.egenconsulting.com
> 423-875-2652

What does the CalSched working group need to achieve before then (for the
IETF meeting)?

Yours
Mark
-- 
Mark Tearle - [email-masked]                          "You howl and 
listen
                                                    Listen and wait for 
the
                                          Echoes of angels who won't 
return"