Subject: iCal sighting in the wild

From: Mark Tearle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 02:27:56 +0800 (WST)

Hi

This came through in last weeks Tidbits.

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office/2001/preview/entourage_preview2.asp#calendar>

I presume the are referring to iCal and iMiP.  Is anyone maintaining
a list of products that have iCal support so far?

Also, isn't an IETF meeting coming up RSN?

Yours
Mark
-- 
Mark Tearle - [email-masked]                          "You howl and listen
                                                    Listen and wait for the
                                          Echoes of angels who won't return"

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:00:56 -0400

Mark Tearle wrote:

> I presume the are referring to iCal and iMiP.

Not necessarily.  They say "meeting requests can be sent to others over e-mail using the iCal
standard", which could just be sending an attached iCalendar, with no room for a reply (much
as vCalendar has been used in the past).

(This isn't to denegrate Mac Office; even basic iCalendar is useful.)

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"I said no camels! That's 5 camels! Can't you|
[email-masked]|count?" -- Indiana Jones & TLC               |
\==============================================================/