Subject: Missing description of parameters

From: Andrea Campi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:51:01 +0100

Hi Doug and all,

I might be looking at the wrong version of the draft, but I think
we miss descriptions of some new parameters. In 2.1.1 and 7 we
discuss LOCAL and ENABLE - shouldn't ACTION, ID, LATENCY, LOCALIZE
and OPTIONS have the same?

Besides, you mentioned before that some people get upset when
a property and a parameter have the same name - ACTION is one such
instance. You don't think we could rename ACTION to something else -
TIMEOUT or ONTIMEOUT maybe?

Bye,
	Andrea

-- 
Andrea Campi                              mailto:[email-masked]
I.NET S.p.A. - BT Ignite                  http://www.inet.it
Technical Dept. - R&D			  phone: +39 02 32863 ext 1
v. Darwin, 85 - I-20019			  fax: +39 02 32863 ext 7705
Settimo Milanese (MI), Italy

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:40:12 -0700

> and OPTIONS have the same?

Yes - the version of the draft is on the cover page as
part of the file name.

> TIMEOUT or ONTIMEOUT maybe?

Good point.

If I we here from anyone else in a week or so - I add this to my edit list.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:56:57 -0500

> TIMEOUT or ONTIMEOUT maybe?

There is precedence for this already in iCalendar.  TZID is both a 
parameter (tzidparam) and a property (tzid).  The name matches the 
function so keeping ACTION as ACTION in 2 places should be ok.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...