Subject: CAP 10: CREATE Command and ordering of responses.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:46:14 -0500

In scanning the 12Jan2003 draft I ran across the text:

10.1.4.  CREATE Command 
...
When there are multiple "TARGET" properties in the original command object 
then the replies MUST BE in the exact same order as they were provided to 
the CS. 

Why MUST the responses be in the same order as the TARGETs?  Properties in 
iCalendar, iTIP and iMIP are not ordered.  Why MUST my CS return responses 
in a particular order?   It sounds like someone wants to cut corners by 
just mathing "Response 1 to TARGET 1", "Respones 2 to TARGET 2", etc 
instead of actually looking at the enbedded ID in the reply (ie: the CARID 
in the VREPLYs) and then matching up the response.

No other command mandates this (nor should they) so I propose this line be 
removed from 10.1.4.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:41:17 -0700

I think the text is left over from before we had the TARGET
property (iRIP and being able to store iTIP directly). Your
right - I do not think we need this restriction any more.

[email-masked] wrote:
> When there are multiple "TARGET" properties in the original command 
> object then the replies MUST BE in the exact same order as they were 
> provided to the CS.
> ...
> No other command mandates this (nor should they) so I propose this line 
> be removed from 10.1.4.
>....
-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards