Subject: Re: Site using ical?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:35:46 -0500

Hey Shannon.  Happy new year.  We are aware of the Apple work.  Someone 
else brought it to the list a while ago.  I think there should be a simply 
way to get the standards referenced.  What I have done in the past is 
contact groups myself.  That's how we got the Novel people involved.  I 
called and asked if anyone in their development group was looking at 
calendar standards - and the next thing I knew I was talking directly to 
the right guy.  It happened pretty quickly.  As for a formal way to 
contact them - there is none.  But I think we might be able to put 
together a small group of volunteers that can periodically call 
organizations and companies and 'suggest' they look at our site and using 
standards.  We can't really force them to use them - so it's a balancing 
act.  Anyone interested in being part of this small group - speak up.  I'm 
happy to put up a small discussion group where we can chat about this work 
if we don't want it on the list. 

"Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
01/02/2003 20:15
Please respond to shannon

        To:     <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        Site using ical?

Thought the list might interested in the following site:

http://icalshare.com/

It is part of Apple's ventures, seems designed for the publishing and
sharing of calendars. I bring it to the list's attention to raise a couple
of items for discussion.

1 - is there anything this site is doing that might be suggestive to the
overall CAP efforts that are underway? (and/or the RDF/XML efforts that
people have discussed)

2 - is there some simple way that the underlying standards can be 
referenced
and referred to - and if so, is there a best way to approach companies 
(such
as Apple) that are using the standards in some way to "get the word out" 
as
it were?

Shannon

Shannon J. Clark
President - JigZaw, Inc
1.800.4.JIGZAW (454.4929)
[email-masked]
www.jigzaw.com