Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: CAP ABNF and external references]]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:25:10 -0500

Doug responded on 12/06/2002 07:06:27 PM:
> > Then please add some prose to clearly codify the no bounded latency 
> > case.  Its never directly addressed in the text.  A simple line or two 

> > along the lines of:
> > 
> >   If no LATENCY parameter is supplied the the command is not bounded
> >   and never expires.
> >
> > and possibly a blurb about command termination too.
> 
> All commands ether return the data you asked for or an error(s).

You missed my point.  There is NO text in 09-submitted that clearly 
defines what it means when there is NO LATENCY parameter on a command. 

What Im suggesting is that we actually put in some explicit text to 
accurately describe what it means when a command has NO LATENCY (and what 
that may mean to the requestor).  For example, if I send no LATENCY 
parameter then how would my CUA abort a command cleanly ("Hurry up log 
off!  We gotta go now or miss the commuter train!"). 

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...