Subject: Interop Planning time again

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:52:29 -0500

Hi, this is a quick note to let you know we are planning for the next 
Interops. 

At this point, we are trying to decide when  to do the next  Virtual 
interop (which can be put together in about a week) or when to do the 
onsite interop (which will take a bit longer). 

I can be ready to hold a Virtual interop with in a week - I know you all 
will need more time.  I'm proposing a couple of days in February, either 
the week of 2/10 or 2/17.  An onsite interop would probably be best in the 
April/May timeframe.  This way we can produce a good report for either the 
March IETF or the July IETF meetings.

To help me make a decision, I am polling the list to see people's 
preferences.  We really need to do both -the more testing, the better. 
it's time we got our RFC's to Standard level.  The question is how many 
people could be ready to participate on a Virtual interop by February.  As 
 a refresher - the virtual interop means using the internet and devoting 
time - 2 days worth - to testing, attending conference calls, testing, 
conference calls, you get the idea.  This would not require travel - it 
would require being available for the full 2 days.  The onsite interop 
will mean traveling to a specific site - Novel has offered their location 
for an interop at some point. 

Please post to the list (or send me an email) your choice of the 
following:

Hold just the virtual - and note if you will attend
Hold just the onsite - and note if you will attend
Hold both - and note whether you will/can attend one or both

Hope that makes sense.  It's easier to post this to the list - that way 
everyone gets a chance to see the interest level.