Subject: CAP 10: icalbody ABNF change

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:43:30 -0500

The draft 10-12Jan2003 has a revised 2445 ABNF of:

icalbody = calprops component

          ; If the "VCALENDAR" component contains the "CMD"
          ; component then the 'component' is optional:
          ;
          / calprops     ; Which MUST include a "CMD" property

There are a couple little things amiss here.  First off, there is no "CMD" 
component, its a new property (a tiny change).  Secondly there is no 
critter defined in 2446 or CAP as a "VCALENDAR" component.  In 2445 there 
is icalobject defined as:

     icalobject = 1*("BEGIN" ":" "VCALENDAR" CRLF
                  icalbody
                  "END" ":" "VCALENDAR" CRLF)

but its never called the "VCALENDAR" component.  We build several 
"VCALENDAR" containers in several places like abort-reply, continue-reply, 
etc but we never have actually defined a specific "VCALENDAR" component. 
Should we define one or should we use the phrase "VCALENDAR" container 
instead??

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...