Subject: CAP 10: GET-CAPABILITY to be updated?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:32:58 -0500

This may be just a retread of an agreed on change (at least Andrea and I 
agreed) but in the latest draft I see the following:

A CUA MUST send a "GET-CAPABILITY" command to a CS after the initial 
connection. The "GET-CAPABILITY" command MUST BE implemented by all CSs. 

The CS MUST send a "GET-CAPABILITY" command to a CUA after the initial 
connection. The CUA MUST recogonize the "GET-CAPABILITY" command and MAY 
return a not implemented reply meaning that the CUA supports only the 
default capababilities. 

Just wanted to make sure that this was slated to be changed in the next 
technical set of changes to be that ALL sides MUST support GET-CAPABILITY 
and that assuming defaults is BAD...

Bruce
 
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...