Subject: CAP 10: 7.2. LOCAL Parameter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:29:27 -0500

In Section 7.2. LOCAL Parameter we define the LOCAL parameter for VALARMs. 
 The intent of the property parameter is:

Purpose: Indicates if the "VALARM" component should be exported to any 
non-organizer calendar. 

This description make me think that LOCAL should be a property added to 
the VALARM, NOT a property parameter added to SEQUENCE.  The function of a 
parameter is to modify the property it is on (or to augment the property 
value).  In the case of LOCAL it does not actually have any relation to 
SEQUENCE.  It should be its own property since its an attribute of the 
VALARM and not any particular property.

At one point in the text it is referred to as "the "LOCAL" property" but 
not in all cases.  Any reason we cannot make LOCAL a new VALARM property 
instead of just a property parameter?

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:43:25 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> In Section 7.2. LOCAL Parameter we define the LOCAL parameter for 
> VALARMs.  The intent of the property parameter is:
> 
> the VALARM, NOT a property parameter added to SEQUENCE.  The function of 
> a parameter is to modify the property it is on (or to augment the 
> property value).  In the case of LOCAL it does not actually have any 
> relation to SEQUENCE.  It should be its own property since its an 
> attribute of the VALARM and not any particular property.
> 

This was discussed months ago.

--

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards