Subject: TARGET clarification

From: "Preston Stephenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:24:58 -0700

In section CAP CREATE section, 10.1.4, there is one example of a create
with two targets.

   To create a new component in multiple containers simply name all of
   the containers in the "TARGET" in the create command.  Here a new
   "VEVENT" component is created in two TARGET components.  In this
   example, the "VEVENT" component is one new [iTIP] "REQUEST" to be
   stored in two calendars.  The results would be iCalendar objects
that
   conform to the [iTIP] replies as defined in [iTIP].

   This example shows two [iTIP] "VEVENT" components being created in
   each of the two supplied "TARGET" properties and as it contains the
   "METHOD" property they will be stored in the "UNPROCESSED" state:

   C: Content-Type: text/calendar
   C:
   C: BEGIN:VCALENDAR
...
   C: END:VCALENDAR

   The CS could send the "VREPLY" commands in separate MIME objects,
one
   per supplied "TARGET" property value.

   S: Content-Type: text/calendar
   S:
   S: BEGIN:VCALENDAR
...
   S: END:VCALENDAR

   And the second reply for the 2nd TARGET:

   S: Content-Type: text/calendar
   S:
   S: BEGIN:VCALENDAR
...
   S: END:VCALENDAR

Are the two MIME parts in one or two BEEP wrappers?
I guess I'm really asking if I have to parse multiple MIME parts in one
BEEP payload?

I'm a little unclear what the text "The CS could send..." means?
Does that simple mean, if the create is successful, the CS will a
success response; and if the create is not successful, the CS will send
an error response?

Thanks.

Preston

PS
Have you got the "crate" typos in the lines?
   S: BEGIN:REPLY        <- Reply for 2nd VEVENT crate in [1st|2nd]
TARGET.

Could the phrase:
   To create a new component in multiple containers simply name all of
   the containers in the "TARGET" in the create command.

be writtern?
   To create a new component in multiple containers simply name all of
   the containers with a separate "TARGET" property in the create
command.