Subject: Re: CAP & busytime?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:49:52 -0500

John replied on 03/31/2003 04:06:41 PM:
> VFREEBUSY on the fly, in response to a query.  That'll complicate access 

> control; do we have a way to say "Joe can't read my calendar, but he can 

> read my freebusy"?

Yep.  From Section 4.2.2. Predefined VCARs:

Predefined calendar access CARIDs that MUST BE implemented are: 

CARID:READBUSYTIMEINFO - 
Specifies the "GRANT" and "DENY" rules that allow UPNs to search 
"VFREEBUSY" components. An example definition for this VCAR is: 

 BEGIN:VCAR
 CARID:READBUSYTIMEINFO
 BEGIN:VRIGHT
 GRANT:*
 PERMISSION:SEARCH
 SCOPE:SELECT * FROM VFREEBUSY
 END:VRIGHT
 END:VCAR

and in Section 8.14. DEFAULT-VCARS Property: 

Property Name: DEFAULT-VCARS 

Purpose: This property is used to specify the "CARID" property ids of the 
default "VCAR" components for newly created "VAGENDA" components. 

Value Type: TEXT 

Property Parameters: Non-standard property parameters can be specified on 
this property. 

Conformance: This property MUST BE specified in "VCALSTORE" calendar 
component and MUST at least specify the following values: 
"READBUSYTIMEINFO", "REQUESTONLY", "UPDATEPARTSTATUS", and "DEFAULTOWNER". 

so all CAP 1.0 implemenations MUST have this ablity/feature.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...