Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Notes on the WG document sharing directory

From: lisa at osafoundation.org (Lisa Dusseault)
Date: Tue Aug 2 01:58:52 2005

I went ahead yesterday and set up a sharing directory on a WebDAV server  
for CALSIFY:

http://ietf.webdav.org/calsify

There are three main ways to get at the information on that share
  - Use HTTP and follow links in static documents
  - Use HTTP to access the WebUI with dynamic directory listings  
(http://ietf.webdav.org/xythoswfs/webui/calsify)
  - Use WebDAV to synchronize or view the directories with any WebDAV  
client (such as sitecopy, MacOs WebDAVFS, XP redirector or Windows  
"network places").

For CALSIFY contributors[1] I'm happy to create accounts that allow you to  
upload new documents or document changes.  We'll use this to make XML  
versions of WG documents available as well as HTML and text versions, and  
to post meeting presentation slides and meeting notes, and probably find  
more uses later too (e.g. issues lists).

The server itself is hosted by UCSC with software provided by Xythos and  
hardware provided by me, and it has gone down for a couple days a couple  
times in the last year or two but overall it's been quite stable.

thx,
Lisa

[1] And if you want to use this technology in another WG let me know.

---

From: helge.hess at opengroupware.org (Helge Hess)
Date: Tue Aug 2 15:29:35 2005

On 2. Aug 2005, at 10:58 Uhr, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
>  - Use WebDAV to synchronize or view the directories with any  
> WebDAV client (such as sitecopy, MacOs WebDAVFS, XP redirector or  
> Windows "network places").

Not that its important, but it doesn't seem to work with OSX 10.4.2  
(times out).

Greets,
   Helge
-- 
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/
OpenGroupware.org

---

From: sroberts at uniserve.com (Sam Roberts)
Date: Wed Aug 17 15:01:18 2005

> Not that its important, but it doesn't seem to work with OSX 10.4.2  

And hung for me, actually blocked any process that tried to look at the
mount, like the desktop manager.... :-)

Sam

---

From: lisa at osafoundation.org (Lisa Dusseault)
Date: Wed Aug 17 17:12:46 2005

Yeah, WebDAV compliance and interop is not perfect yet.  We're working 
on revising RFC2518 to improve that situation.  A trace of the network 
traffic might allow me or somebody else on the WebDAV list to diagnose 
at least whether the problem is client or server (Xythos WFS however is 
highly compliant) or server config.

lisa

On Aug 17, 2005, at 3:00 PM, Sam Roberts wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify