Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Section 3.2: "charset" parameter

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Mon Aug 21 11:35:35 2006

In section "3.2 Parameters" of RFC 2445 it says:

 > The "charset" parameter is defined in [RFC 2046] for other body
 > parts. It is used to identify the default character set used within
 > the body part.

I have two comments:

1- The "charset" parameter is defined for all "text" _subtypes_
    (and not "body parts").

2- Unlike vCalendar, iCalendar doesn't allow one to override
    the character set used for an individual property value.
    As such, I believe the text shouldn't talk about the
    _default_ character set...

New text proposed:

 > The "charset" parameter is defined in [RFC 2046] for subtypes of
 > the "text" media type. It is used to indicate the character set
 > used in the body part.

Cheers,
Bernard

---

From: alexey.melnikov at isode.com (Alexey Melnikov)
Date: Mon Aug 21 12:12:59 2006

> > the "text" media type. It is used to indicate the character set

The new text looks good to me.

---

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Mon Aug 21 13:46:00 2006

Hi Bernard,

>  > the "text" media type. It is used to indicate the character set

+1

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: lists at block-online.eu (Oliver Block)
Date: Mon Aug 21 14:28:21 2006

>  > parts. It is used to identify the default character set used within

9.1 in draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-01

>     _default_ character set...

I would agree on both. 

Best Regards,

Oliver Block

-- 
Leben ist mehr als schneller - weiter - h?her
http://www.nak-nrw.de/p_6_4.html