Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-extensions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 05:42:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : New Properties for iCalendar
        Author          : Cyrus Daboo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-calext-extensions-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-06-04

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of new properties for iCalendar data as
   well as extending the use of some existing properties to the entire
   iCalendar object.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calext-extensions-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-calext-extensions-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 11:45:29 +0100

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-calext-extensions-03

This version addressed my earlier concerns, thank you!

---

From: Marten Gajda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 18:07:47 +0200

Cyrus,

I found a minor issue in the latest draft. Looks like the CONFERENCE
property is missing in the updated ABNF in section 4
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calext-extensions-03#section-4)

Also, how do the new properties relate to CalDAV?
Is it valid if a CalDAV client adds a SOURCE and/or UID property to a
VCALENDAR object before uploading it to a CalDAV server (e.g. to store
the origin if the event was imported from a webcal feed)?
And are servers supposed to store and return these values?

How does the CATEGORIES property on VCALENDAR objects relate to the
CATEGORIES property on VEVENT or VTODO objects? Does a VEVENT inherit
the CATEGORIES of the enclosing VCALENDAR object or are they completely
unrelated? If the CATEGORIES are inherited, what happens with CATEGORIES
specified on the VEVENT, do they override or extend the inherited
CATEGORIES?

Cheers,

Marten

Am 04.06.2016 um 14:42 schrieb [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

-- 
Marten Gajda
CEO

dmfs GmbH
Schandauer Straße 34
01309 Dresden
GERMANY

phone: +49 177 4427167
email: [email-masked]

Managing Director: Marten Gajda
Registered address: Dresden
Registered No.: AG Dresden HRB 34881
VAT Reg. No.: DE303248743