Subject: [calsify] Last Call: <draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar-25.txt> (JSCalendar: A JSON representation of calendar data) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 07:23:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Calendaring Extensions WG (calext)
to consider the following document: - 'JSCalendar: A JSON representation of
calendar data'
  <draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar-25.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-03-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a data model and JSON representation of
   calendar data that can be used for storage and data exchange in a
   calendaring and scheduling environment.  It aims to be an alternative
   and, over time, successor to the widely deployed iCalendar data
   format, and to be unambiguous, extendable, and simple to process.  In
   contrast to the jCal format, which is also JSON-based, JSCalendar is
   not a direct mapping from iCalendar, but defines the data model
   independently and expands semantics where appropriate.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.