Subject: [calsify] jscalendar - ATTENDEE and MEMBER

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 23:10:03 -0400

Trying to come up with conversion approach...

Reading iTip the MEMBER parameter will be present if a group is invited 
and is then expanded?

The text in 5546 confuses me a little:

Failing (1), look for "Attendees" where "CUTYPE=GROUP" or
        "CUTYPE=UNKNOWN".  The CUA then determines if the "Calendar User"
        is a member of one of these groups.  If so, the "REPLY" method
        sent to the "Organizer" MUST contain a new "ATTENDEE" property in
        which:

Wouldn't the attendee be added on the REQUEST? I guess it's possible the 
organizer doesn't know who the group members are but it's also possible 
the attendee CUA has no idea. Also that text above is the only place 
CUTYPE=GROUP appears so there's not much help there.

I guess it's true that if a MEMBER parameter is present then there 
SHOULD be an ATTENDEE with that address.

When doing the conversion this might imply we need to do groups first 
because we won't necessarily know the key(s) for the memberOf property.

Locating that participant: an instance may be overridden with an added 
group in which case the participant appears only in the override, 
otherwise it's in the master.