Subject: Initiating WG Last-Call: draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind-04.txt

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:31:16 -0500

CAT WG:

This message is to initiate a CAT-WG Last-Call on
draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind-04.txt, "Generic Security Service API Version
2: Java Bindings". I thank the document editors for their submission of this
updated version. To support review of this lengthy specification, I propose
to open a three week WG Last-Call period, ending 25 January 2000.  If anyone
wishes to comment on this document with respect to its prospective
recommendation to the IESG on behalf of the CAT-WG for advancement to
Proposed Standard, please do so within this period. 

--jl

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 16:04:43 -0500

CAT-WG:

Just a reminder that draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind-04.txt is in WG Last Call
through 25 January.  If anyone wishes to post comments before the document
is forwarded to the IESG to be considered for Proposed Standard, please do
so within this period. 

--jl

-----Original Message-----
From: Linn, John [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 11:31 AM
To: 'CAT-WG List'
Subject: Initiating WG Last-Call: draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind-04.txt

CAT WG:

--jl

-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==

---

From: Jack Kabat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 23:45:28 -0800

Mayank and I have received feedback from several implementers and reviewers
regarding the JGSS draft.

Based on the feedback, additional text is required when describing the
credential and context creation calls. The text needs to specify to supply a
lifetime of 0 to obtain the default credential and context lifetime. The
effected sections are listed below. A constant within the GSSContext and
GSSCredential classes will be added to represent the default lifetime.

In addition several typos and code sample mis-prints have been brought to
our attention.

thanks,

jack

6.1.10 createCredential
public abstract GSSCredential createCredential (int usage)
           throws GSSException

Here INDEFINITE should be changed to default.

6.1.11.  createCredential

   public abstract GSSCredential createCredential (GSSName aName,
                   int lifetime, Oid mechOid, int usage)
                   throws GSSException

Here the description of lifetime parameter will include 0 as a value to
obtain default credential lifetime.

6.1.12.  createCredential

   public abstract GSSCredential createCredential(GSSName aName,
                   int lifetime, Oid mechs[], int usage)
                   throws GSSException

Same as above.

6.1.13.  createContext

   public abstract GSSContext createContext(GSSName peer, Oid mechOid,
                   GSSCredential myCred, int lifetime)
                   throws GSSException

Same as above.

6.3.12.  add

   public void add(GSSName aName, int initLifetime, int acceptLifetime,
                   Oid mech, int usage) throws GSSException

The description of initLifetime and acceptLifetime should include the
previous clarification.

6.4.26.  requestLifetime

   public void requestLifetime(int lifetime) throws GSSException

Here 0 should have the special meaning of default lifetime.

> Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 1:05 PM
> To: Linn, John; 'CAT-WG List'
> Subject: RE: Initiating WG Last-Call:
> draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind-04.txt
> 
> 
> CAT-WG:
>