Subject: RE: Authorization APIs

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:37:30 -0500

Bob wrote, excerpting:

I'd be interested to hear from the list whether there's interest in
progressing *any*
authorization API on the standards track, or whether we're taking a
"wait-and-see"
attitude for a while.

As of the Oslo meeting last summer, the WG position was that any
authorization API documents developed within CAT would be targeted for
Experimental, not standards track status.  This reflected concerns about
levels of constituency and active discussion, and a recognition that
extensive work with consuming applications would be required in order to
validate an API's suitability and utility.  This position hasn't been
revisited since that point; unless and until a strong consensus and
constituency becomes apparent within the WG, I consider that it still holds.

--jl
-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:59:05 +0100

> constituency becomes apparent within the WG, I consider that it still holds.

I agree.

Denis