Subject: rfc2744 error in GSS-API sample header

From: Martin Rex <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 21:21:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Oooops!  It seems that we submitted a defective sample header file
in the GSS-API v2 C-Bindings document, now rfc2744.

The prototypes of all gssapi calls mis-specify the "minor_status"
return value as "OM_uint32" instead of "OM_uint32 *".  The oldest
version of the c-bindings draft that I still have is -06 (July 1998),
and it already has this error.  What a pity that we didn't notice
this error during all that time... 

The prototypes at the beginning of every subsection of section 5
are correct, however.  Being output parameters, it should be
fairly clear to a C-programmer that "OM_uint32 *" is necessary
and that the sample header file is inaccurate.

(I just received a request from Michael Seipel <[email-masked]>
 who is new to GSS-API and got confused by this error.)

-Martin
-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]