Subject: CFP: ISOC Netw & Distr Sys Security Symp (NDSS'01)

From: "David M. Balenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:06:47 -0400 (EDT)

C  A  L  L       F  O  R       P  A  P  E  R  S

                          The Internet Society
         2001 Network and Distributed System Security Symposium
                               (NDSS'01)

                           February 7-9, 2001

                Catamaran Resort, San Diego, California

                            IMPORTANT DATES
          Paper Submission due:           August 2, 2000
          Author Notification:            September 27, 2000
          Camera-ready final papers due:  October 31, 2000

GOAL: 
  This symposium will foster information exchange among researchers 
  and practioners of network and distributed system security 
  services.  The intended audience includes those who are interested 
  in the practical aspects of network and distributed system security,
  focusing on actual system design and implementation, rather than
  theory.  A major goal of the symposium is to encourage and enable 
  the Internet community to apply, deploy, and advance the state of
  available security technology.  The proceedings of the symposium 
  will be published by the Internet Society.

Submissions are solicited for, but are not limited to, the following
topics:
 * Secure Electronic Commerce: e.g., payment, barter, EDI,
   notarization/timestamping, endorsement and licensing.
 * Intellectual Property Protection: protocols, schemas,
   implementations, metering, watermarking, other forms of rights
   management.
 * Implementation, deployment and management of network security
   policies.
 * Integrating Security in Internet protocols: routing, naming,
   TCP/IP, multicast, network management, and the Web.
 * Attack-resistant protocols and services.
 * Special problems and case studies: e.g., interplay and tradeoffs
   between security and efficiency, usability, reliability and cost.
 * Security for collaborative applications and services: tele- and
   video-conferencing, groupwork, etc.
 * Fundamental services: authentication, data integrity,
   confidentiality, authorization, non-repudiation, and availability.
 * Supporting mechanisms and APIs: key management and certification,
   revocation, audit trails and accountability.
 * Public Key Infrastructure.
 * Integrating security services with system and application security
   facilities and protocols: e.g., message handling, file
   transport/access, directories, time synchronization, database
   management, boot services, mobile computing.
 * Security for emerging technologies: sensor networks, specialized
   testbeds, wireless/mobile (and ad hoc) networks, personal
   communication systems, and large heterogeneous distributed systems.
 * Intrusion Avoidance, Detection, and Response: systems, experiences
   and architectures.
 * Network Perimeter Controls: firewalls, packet filters, application
   gateways.
 * Virtual Private Networks.

BEST PAPER AWARD:
  There will be a best paper award again this year. The award will
  be presented at the symposium to the authors of the best overall
  paper as selected by the Program Committee.

SUBMISSIONS:
  The Program Committee invites both technical papers and panel
  proposals. Technical papers should be at most 20 pages long. Panel
  proposals should be at most two pages and should describe the
  topic, identify the panel chair, explain the format of the panel,
  and list three to four potential panelists. Technical papers will
  appear in the proceedings. A description of each panel will appear
  in the proceedings, and may - at the discretion of the panel chair
  - include written position statements from the panelists.

  Each submission must contain a separate title page with the type
  of submission (paper or panel), the title or topic, the names of
  the author(s), organizational affiliation(s), telephone and FAX
  numbers, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, and must specify the
  contact author in case of multi-author submissions. The names of
  authors, affiliations, and other identifying information should
  appear only on the separate title page. Submissions must be
  received by August 2, 2000, and must be made via electronically
  in either PostScript or ASCII format. If the Committee is unable
  to print a PostScript submission, a hardcopy will be requested.
  Therefore, PostScript submissions must arrive well before the
  deadline.

  Submission information can be found at
  http://www.isoc.org/ndss01/cfp. Dates, final call for papers,
  advance program, and registration information will be available
  soon at http://www.isoc.org/ndss01.

  Each submission will be acknowledged by e-mail. If acknowledgment
  is not received within seven days, please contact the program
  Co-chairs as indicated below. Authors and panelists will be
  notified of acceptance by September 27, 2000. Instructions for
  preparing camera-ready copy for the proceedings will be sent at
  that time. The camera-ready copy must be received by October 31,
  2000.

GENERAL CHAIR: 
  Stephen Welke, Trusted Computer Solutions

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:
  Avi Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
  Paul Van Oorschot, Entrust Technologies

TUTORIAL CHAIR:
  Eric Harder, National Security Agency

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR:
  Thomas Hutton, San Diego Supercomputer Center

PUBLICATIONS CHAIR:
  Mahesh Tripunitara, Purdue University

PUBLICITY CHAIR:
  David Balenson, NAI Labs, Network Associates

LOGISTICS CHAIR:
  Carla Rosenfeld, Internet Society

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
  Bennet Yee, University of California San Diego
  Bill Cheswick, Bell Labs
  Dave Kormann, AT&T Labs - Research
  David Aucksmith, Intel Corportation
  David P. Maher, Intertrust
  David Wagner, UC Berkeley
  Edward W. Felten, Princeton University
  Fabian Monrose, Bell Labs
  Gary McGraw, Reliable Software Technologies
  James Ellis, Sun Microsystems
  Kevin McCurley, IBM Almaden Research Center
  Matt Bishop, UC Davis
  Mudge, L0pht Heavy Industries, Inc.
  Peter Gutmann, University of Auckland, New Zealand
  Radia Perlman, Sun Microsystems
  Sandra Murphy, Network Associates
  Tom Berson, Anagram Laboratories
  Virgil D. Gligor, University of Maryland

-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]