Subject: Status re CAT and Kerberos WGs

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:13:10 -0400

> CAT-WG members:
> 
> As discussed at the Adelaide IETF, a new working group is in the process
> of being established under the chairpersonship of Doug Engert to pursue
> further work on Kerberos documents, including those currently associated
> with CAT.  A charter is being prepared, and a meeting of the new Kerberos
> WG is planned for the Pittsburgh IETF.  That meeting will discuss the
> charter, and probably also some of the active Kerberos drafts (e.g.,
> Kerberos-Revisions, PKINIT); I'll defer to Doug to define the agenda in
> more detail.
> 
> WRT non-Kerberos CAT work items, I'm pleased to note the recent
> publication of LIPKEY (RFC-2847) and GSS Java Bindings (RFC-2853) as
> Proposed Standards.  I'm not aware of other active non-Kerberos CAT items
> targeting the standards track and requiring meeting discussion, so am not
> now planning to request an IETF agenda slot for CAT in Pittsburgh.  If
> anyone believes that such scheduling is needed, and wishes to lead
> discussion on a particular topic, please make this known to the list or to
> me directly within the next week. 
> 
> --jl
-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:38:21 -0400

>> Kerberos-Revisions, PKINIT); I'll defer to Doug to define the agenda in

Is there a mailing list set up for this WG already, or should we continue
to use the CAT mailing list for this purpose?  (Probably at least until
Pittsburgh).

--Ken