Subject: RFC 2853: Java Bindings for GSS-API

From: Nell Rehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:14:59 -0600

Hello-

I made an attempt to implement the Java Bindings for GSS-API as well as a 
particular mechanism for SSL.  As I made my attempt I documented some of 
the issues that I encountered.  I thought I would pass that list along in 
the hope that it would be helpful.

Thank you,
Helen (Nell) Rehn

- UNSEQ_TOKEN, OLD_TOKEN, and GAP_TOKEN, while listed as fatal errors in 
Section 6.8.1, do not have any error codes specified in Section 4.12.1
- createName, specified in 6.1.9, is missing a return type
- addProviderAtEnd, specified in 6.1.17, is missing a return type
- in 6.3, GSSCredential is defined as: public interface GSSCredential 
implements Cloneable however interfaces cannot implement anything
- in 6.3.5 the function is defined as being equivalent to calling 
canonicalize() on the name returned by 7.3.3. There is no section 7.3.3.
-the constructor for an Oid object which takes a string (as specified in 
6.7.1) throws a GSSException. This makes it impossible to declare Oids as 
static final objects in the GSSName class, as specified in 6.2.2
- the method createCredential requires that a credential object be created 
and fields such as usage and lifetime be set. The RFC provides no means for 
setting fields within a GSSCredential object, either through constructors 
or set methods
-the method createContext requires that a context object be created and 
fields such as mechanism, peer name, whether the context is the initiator 
or acceptor, be set. The RFC provices no means for setting some of these 
fields within a GSSContext object (some can be set through the request 
methods) either through constructors or set methods

-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]