Subject: [Cbor] Starting work on draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:02:04 -0700

Greetings. As you can see from the previous message on the list, Carsten 
and I published draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis. This is pretty much identical 
to RFC 7049 with the following changes:

- [Temporary] Added the "Contributing" section at the beginning of the 
draft
- Updated reference for [RFC4267] to [RFC7159] in many places
- Updated reference for [CNN-TERMS] to [RFC7228]
- Added a comment to the last example in Section 2.2.1 (added "Second 
value")
- Fixed a bug in the example in Section 2.4.2 ("29" -> "49")
- Fixed a bug in the last paragraph of Section 3.6 ("0b000_11101" -> 
"0b000_11001")

(And I just realized that we should add an appendix for changes from RFC 
7049; whoopsie. I'll add that.)

We are now ready to work on updating the document for any necessary 
refinements that do not change the technical meaning of the spec. Please 
send suggested changes here to the list, or open issues in the GitHub 
issue tracker at <https://github.com/cbor-wg/CBORbis>. We will keep 
these two in sync as best we can.

We know of one set of issues that should get full discussion here before 
we introduce changes to the spec, namely to Section 3.9 on 
canonicalization. There were a few errata on this, but we want to tease 
out what people consider necessary that will keep the output the same 
versus design choices that would change the output.

Thoughts?

--Paul Hoffman