Subject: [Cbor] CBOR Interop Testing script

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 04:34:29 -0800

Joe,

You said you had some tests for helping fill in the interop matrix, but the
path did not get into the minutes that were taken.  Please post the path.

Jim

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:46:07 +0100

On Nov 22, 2017, at 13:34, Jim Schaad <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Joe,
>  
> You said you had some tests for helping fill in the interop matrix, but the path did not get into the minutes that were taken.  Please post the path.

He did, in <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/cbor/C7PsLBUgMmWqtyzBfnTQyIB1D7w>:

> The code (and sample data) is here:
> https://github.com/hildjj/node-cbor/blob/master/test/implementation_matrix.js

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Carl-Heinz Genzel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 09:00:48 +0100

Hello everybody,

my name is Carl-Heinz Genzel, I just joined the list and would like to
discuss a question/use case with you. For the background, I am currently
using CDDL and CBOR for a soon to be Open Source project. Since I am
trying to create an extensible base for a message protocol I am using
".within" and enumeration as choices (&-notation) a lot. CDDL works
great for me.

Regarding choices, I came across the question, if it is possible to
restrict a choice from further extension? Currently it is my
understanding that everybody who extends the CDDL structure, I
developed, has to adhere to the ".within" constraints but can always
extend any choice at any given point. Is that correct?
I'd like to protect some choices against that. Have you already thought
about that? Whenever it suits you I'd like to discuss it with you.

Sorry for just dropping into the ongoing discussion.

Best Regards,
Carl-Heinz Genzel

________________________

Westerstraße 76
28199 Bremen

Tel.: 0421-69506029