Subject: Request for comments on a new ID on Administrative Control of RSVP Hello and Graceful Restart Procedure

From: "zafar ali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:14:46 -0500

Dear MPLS-ers: 
 
We have submitted a new ID on Administrative Control of RSVP Hello and
Graceful Restart Procedure for discussion in CCAMP WG at the upcoming
IETF meeting in Seoul. Abstract of the ID is as follows: 
 
Abstract

Ability to administratively shutdown RSVP Hellos and Graceful Restart
(GR) procedure without impacting the traffic is a desirable network
operation. Furthermore, there are applications that run RSVP Hellos with
intervals on the order of milliseconds. This poses a requirement to
reduce the number of RSVP messages to a minimal required count.
Fortunately RSVP Hellos are not mandatory and are only required to run
when needed. This allows applications to remove an RSVP Hello session,
when it is not needed. This ID proposes a procedure to remove RSVP Hello
and/ or GR sessions for administrative or optimization purposes.

We have uploaded a copy of it at, 
http://multimedia.ecn.purdue.edu/~ali/ietf59/draft-ali-ccamp-rsvp-hello-
gr-admin-00.txt
 
Your comments and input on usefulness and applicability will be much
appreciated. 
 
Thanks
 
Regards... Zafar
 
=====================================================================
Zafar Ali, Ph. D.       100 South Main St. #200,
Technical Leader,     Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA.
Cisco Systems.       (734) 276-2459.
=====================================================================