Subject: Request for comments on a new ID on use of node-id based Hellos

From: "zafar ali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:40:19 -0500

Dear MPLS-ers: 
 
We have submitted a new ID on the use of node-id based Hellos for
discussion at the upcoming IETF meeting in Seoul. Abstract of the ID is
as follows: 
 
Abstract: Use of node-id based RSVP Hello messages is implied in a
number of cases, e.g., when data and control plan are separated, when TE
links are unnumbered. Furthermore, when link level failure detection is
performed by some means other than RSVP Hellos, use of node-id based
Hellos is optimal for node failure detection. Nonetheless, this implied
behavior is unclear and this informational draft clarifies use of
node-id based RSVP Hellos.
 
We have uploaded a copy of it at, 
http://multimedia.ecn.purdue.edu/~ali/ietf59/draft-ali-ccamp-rsvp-node-i
d-based-hello-00.txt
 
Your comments and input on usefulness and applicability will be much
appreciated. 
 
Thanks
 
Regards... Zafar