Subject: Re: Component Link Recording for TE Link Bundles (draft-zamfir-explicit-resource-control-bundle-03.txt has been updated)

From: "zafar ali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:58:28 -0500

Dear Ccamp'ers:
 
This is a follow-up on our AI from the last ccamp WG meeting and
comments from Adrian Farrel, John Drake, Vishal Sharma, Kireeti
Kompella, George Swallow, Lou Berger, et al on/ off the list and during
WG meeting. 

Please note that during the last Ccamp meeting and on the mailing list,
we all agreed on the need for component link recording in the RRO. 

The AI on us was to state requirements for explicit control for the
component links (via ERO) in the ID.  We have, therefore, added a
requirement section in the ID for this purpose.  

We would also like to stress that we have agreed on the requirement for
component link recording in RRO. Furthermore, in addition of the
requirement stated on the ID, the ERO counterpart is also needed to
maintain symmetry between the ERO and RRO definitions. We would,
therefore, like to request the WG to adapt this ID as a WG document. 

An updated copy will be available at IETF Web site in a couple of days.
In the mean time, a mirror version of the ID can be viewed at,
http://multimedia.ecn.purdue.edu/~ali/ietf59/draft-zamfir-explicit-resou
rce-control-bundle-03.txt

Comments on the updated version will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks

Regards. Anca, Dimitri and Zafar. 

=====================================================================
Zafar Ali, Ph. D.       100 South Main St. #200,
Technical Leader,       Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA.
Cisco Systems.       (734) 276-2459.
=====================================================================