Subject: Status of "Implementation and Perf. of Flooding-based Fault Notification"

From: "Vishal Sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:34:40 -0700

Dear CCAMPers,

This draft was prepared following extensive discussions
with several people during the Minneapolis IETF, as a way
to share some of our implementation experience with the community.

Unfortunately, this was one of the many "missing drafts" just before Seoul,
and was posted by the IETF Secretariat at the end of February, so
we did not have an opportunity to discuss this during the CCAMP WG meeting.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-perf-flooding-notific
ation-exp-00.txt

So, we would like to solicit feedback and inputs now.

Basically, the draft highlights the results from deploying flooding-based
notification in two independent testbeds, at the transport and packet
layers.

We have made the draft complete and self-contained, by having it
present not only the experiences and actual performance measurements from
these implementations on FreeBSD/Linux platforms, but also the protocol
enhancements, object formats, etc. that were made to LMP and OSPF,
respectively, to
realize the rapid flooding function.

In this way, we believe the observations, results, and formats in the
draft serve as a very useful repository of information related to
restoration techniques/issues.

Our objective is to progress this as an experimental document,
to make the experiences & results from these testbeds available
to the IETF/CCAMP community.

Comments/inputs very welcome!

Thanks,
-Vishal