Subject: Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport Restoration Strategies

From: "Richard Rabbat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:43:40 -0700

Dear all,
 
Please take a look at our new draft:
Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport Restoration
Strategies available at:
 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-00.tx
t>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-00.txt
This draft presents the results of a survey about carrier interest in shared
mesh restoration, their requirements and their concerns. We have tried to be
as encompassing as possible going to carriers in Europe, Asia and North
America. 
We are hoping to include input from more carriers and would like to ask the
community in general and the carriers in particular to let us know what new
information they would like to see surveyed in the next update.
 
Basically, we have the following questions:
- Are you interested in GMPLS-based solutions to the requirements?
- Can you suggest additional contacts to enable us to reach more carriers
and get their feedback?
- Have we overlooked any aspect of restoration for shared mesh?
- What additional questions would you like to see? 

Some of the surveyed carriers have already provided inputs on this and we'd
like to ask others to give us their comments as well. 

Thanks,

Richard.