Subject: CCAMP Agenda Planning

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:55:30 +0100

Hi,

We received several comments after the Seoul IETF about the format and quality of the
CCAMP meeting. The essence was that there were too many drafts and not enough time for
discussion.

In order to ensure that we meet the needs of the working group and, in particular, advance
our charter items and milestones, we will be focussing the San Diego meeting by topic
rather than by I-D. This may mean we miss out on a lot of drafts that may be of interest
to the WG, but since these drafts have not received a high level of debate on the mailing
list over the last two months there is no reason to assume that this is an urgent problem.
This approach will, however, buy us valuable discussion time for some important work.

As an early outline, the agenda will be something like the following (with some scope for
fine tuning as we go along). Please bring drafts that you feel are pertinent to the
attention of Kireeti and me (whether or not you are an author). Note, however, that drafts
need to be published in good time and should receive discussion on the mailing list.

Normal admin and WG status  [15 minutes]
ASON [20 minutes]
Protection and recovery [20 minutes]
Hello extensions [20 minutes]
Inter-area/AS TE [75 minutes]

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Tomonori TAKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:42:47 +0900

Hi,

In the last IETF meeting and following mailing list discussion, there is 
considerable level of interest in L1VPNs. Would it be possible to have some 
time to discuss L1VPNs in the CCAMP meeting, if time allows ?

Related documents :
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-takeda-l1vpn-framework-00.txt 
(revision planned)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-takeda-l1vpn-applicability-00.txt

Also :
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-overlay-04.txt

>Inter-area/AS TE [75 minutes]

-----
Tomonori TAKEDA
NTT Network Service Systems Lab.
Phone: +81-422-59-7434