Subject: Re: Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport Restoration Strategies

From: "Bauer, Claus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:03:07 -0700

My congratulations to the authors of this draft. I think this is a very
valuable survey that provides good directions for further technical work
I hope to see more data from other carriers,
 
Claus
 
 -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Richard Rabbat
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport
Restoration Strategies

	Dear all,
	 
	Please take a look at our new draft:
	Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport
Restoration Strategies available at:
	
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-0
0.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-00
..txt
	This draft presents the results of a survey about carrier
interest in shared mesh restoration, their requirements and their
concerns. We have tried to be as encompassing as possible going to
carriers in Europe, Asia and North America. 
	We are hoping to include input from more carriers and would like
to ask the community in general and the carriers in particular to let us
know what new information they would like to see surveyed in the next
update.
	 
	Basically, we have the following questions:
	- Are you interested in GMPLS-based solutions to the
requirements?
	- Can you suggest additional contacts to enable us to reach more
carriers and get their feedback?
	- Have we overlooked any aspect of restoration for shared mesh?
	- What additional questions would you like to see? 

	Some of the surveyed carriers have already provided inputs on
this and we'd like to ask others to give us their comments as well. 

	Thanks,

	Richard.

  _____  

	This message (including any attachments) may contain
confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose.
If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking
any action based on this message is strictly prohibited. 

-----------------------------------------
This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not
the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended
recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on
this message is strictly prohibited.

---

From: "Vishal Sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:01:44 -0700

MessageClaus,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. We have tried to systematically
collect carrier
inputs in this draft, and do believe it provides a valuable basis for
discussion and guiding
further work.

In fact, another note was recently posted to the list, summarizing what we
saw as some of
the key issues that emerged from this survey.
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/ccamp/ccamp.2004/msg00716.html

We look forward to comments, questions, and feedback on this
from you and other CCAMPers.

For a start, it would be good to know if, after looking at the survey,
people agree that
the issues outlined above are the main ones. And, what other thoughts do
people have
upon seeing the survey results?

-Vishal
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Bauer, Claus
  Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 11:03 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport
Restoration Strategies

  Claus

   -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Richard Rabbat
  Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:44 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport
Restoration Strategies

    Dear all,

    Please take a look at our new draft:
    Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based Shared-Mesh Transport Restoration
Strategies available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-00.txt
    This draft presents the results of a survey about carrier interest in
shared mesh restoration, their requirements and their concerns. We have
tried to be as encompassing as possible going to carriers in Europe, Asia
and North America.
    We are hoping to include input from more carriers and would like to ask
the community in general and the carriers in particular to let us know what
new information they would like to see surveyed in the next update.

    Basically, we have the following questions:
    - Are you interested in GMPLS-based solutions to the requirements?
    - Can you suggest additional contacts to enable us to reach more
carriers and get their feedback?
    - Have we overlooked any aspect of restoration for shared mesh?
    - What additional questions would you like to see?
    Some of the surveyed carriers have already provided inputs on this and
we'd like to ask others to give us their comments as well.

    Thanks,

    Richard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--