Subject: RE : Your input: Use of PCE in Inter-domain

From: "LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:45:25 +0200

Hi Adrian, all

There is a requirement to compute inter-domain constrained shortest path (see tewg inter-area/as requirements).
There are several approaches to achieve this objective, as well listed in your inter-domain framework draft.
We (France Telecom) consider that PCE-based approach is particularly well suited to inter-domain TE, as it allows achieving our objective without major impact on signaling and routing protocols.

The PCE architecture draft well addresses inter-domain path computation, particularly section 5.3 and 5.4, by identifying distributed-PCE computation modes. 

Regards,

JL

>-----Message d'origine-----
>De : [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Adrian Farrel
>Envoyé : mardi 19 octobre 2004 21:11
>À : [email-masked]
>Cc : [email-masked]
>Objet : Your input: Use of PCE in Inter-domain
>
>
>Folks, 
>
>The chairs and ADs would like your input on 
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-pce-architecture-
00.txt in the 
context of our inter-domain traffic engineering work. 

This draft documents an architecture for Path Computation Elements (PCE) and 
is currently being discussed on the pce mailing list 
(https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce) 

What we would like CCAMP to do is give us your opinion on whether PCE is 
addresing an inter-domain problem that needs to be addressed, and if so 
whether the architecture provides an acceptable way to resolve the problem. 

Answers to the mailing list in advance of the meeting in Washington would be 
appreciated. 

Thanks,
Adrian and Kireeti

---

From: "Zafar Ali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:40:58 -0400

>whether the architecture provides an acceptable way to resolve 

Yes, as we witness at the PCE BOF that various SPs see a need for a PCE
based solution. Architecture document by Adrian et al addresses these
requirements quite well. 

N.b. At PCE BOF during last IETF, various SPs presented requirement for PCE
which are beyond TE in an inter-domain environment. The architecture
document also capture these additional applications of PCE architecture as
well. 

Thanks

Regards... Zafar