Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:50:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for GMPLS-based Control of SDH/SONET Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Bernstein, et al. 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-04.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2004-10-1
	
GMPLS consists of a suite of protocol extensions to MPLS to make 
   these protocols more generally applicable, to include - for example
   - control of non-packet based switching, and particularly, optical 
   switching.  One area of prime consideration is to use Generalized 
   MPLS (GMPLS) protocols in upgrading the control plane of optical 
   transport networks.  This document illustrates this process by 
   describing those extensions to GMPLS protocols that are directed 
   towards controlling SDH/SONET networks.  SDH/SONET networks make 
   very good examples of this process since they possess a rich 
   multiplex structure, a variety of protection/restoration options, 
   are well defined, and are widely deployed. The document discusses 
   extensions to GMPLS routing protocols to disseminate information 
   needed in transport path computation and network operations, 
   together with the extensions to GMPLS label distribution protocols 
   needed for the provisioning of transport circuits. New capabilities 
   that an GMPLS control plane would bring to SDH/SONET networks, such 
   as new restoration methods and multi-layer circuit establishment, 
   are also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:01:36 +0100

Hi Alex,

With some help from Eric Gray, the authors have completed the updates to this draft to
resolve the issues that you raised as a result of your review and the review by the
Routing Directorate. I have looked through the changes and can confirm that they have
caught all of the points raised.

Could you please take this draft to the IESG now.

Thanks,
Adrian