Subject: RE: LMP - GMPLS

From: Harish M <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:48:19 +0530

This can be computed using the Length field (16 bits) in LMP object.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harish M [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 11:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: LMP - GMPLS

Hi,

Referring to the draft-ietf_ccamp-lmp-10.txt

"LinkSummary Message can have multiple DATA_LINK objects and each DATA_LINK
object can have more than one variable length sub-object (for including
multiple capabilities of a data link)."

Since a LinkSummary Message can contain multiple DATA_LINK Objects (Class =
12) and as there is no field/mechanism to indicate the number of sub-objects
under a DATA_LINK object, how can we know where the next DATA_LINK object
starts ?

   <LinkSummary Message> ::= <Common Header> <MESSAGE_ID> <TE_LINK>
                             <DATA_LINK> [<DATA_LINK>...]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| IP Header | UDP Header | LMP Header | LMP Object-1 | ... | LMP Object-n |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Harish M.