Subject: RE: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:32:31 -0500

This ends the WG Last Call. We'll forward it on to the IESG.
Thanks,
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 3:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt 

Hi,

This is the start of the WG Last Call for this document. In
consideration of the meeting week, we will extend the Last Call until
March 30th. Please email the authors and the list with any comments,
concerns or corrections.

Thanks,
Deborah and Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 6:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Label Switched Path Stitching with Generalized
Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (GMPLS TE)
	Author(s)	: A. Ayyangar, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
In certain scenarios, there may be a need to combine together several
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched
   Paths (LSPs) such that a single end-to-end (e2e) LSP is realized and
   all traffic from one constituent LSP is switched onto the next LSP.
   We will refer to this as "LSP stitching", the key requirement being
   that a constituent LSP not be allocated to more than one e2e LSP.
   The constituent LSPs will be referred to as "LSP segments" (S-LSPs).

   This document describes extensions to the existing GMPLS signaling
   protocol (RSVP-TE) to establish e2e LSPs created from from S-LSPs,
   and describes how the LSPs can be managed using the GMPLS signaling
   and routing protocols.

   It may be possible to configure a GMPLS node to switch the traffic
   from an LSP for which it is the egress, to another LSP for which it
   is the ingress, without requiring any signaling or routing extensions
   whatsoever, completely transparent to other nodes.  This will also
   result in LSP stitching in the data plane.  However, this document
   does not cover this scenario of LSP stitching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.tx
t

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.