Subject: New Liaison Statement, "VCAT/LCAS Work in CCAMP"

From: Adrian Farrel (IETF CCAMP WG) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:56:46 -0400

Title: VCAT/LCAS Work in CCAMP
Submission Date: 2007-04-04
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=316 
Please reply by 2007-06-25

From: Adrian Farrel(IETF CCAMP WG) <[email-masked]>
To: ITU-T Q14/15, ITU-T Q11/15(Greg Jones <[email-masked]>)
Cc: Stephen Trowbridge <[email-masked]>
Kam Lam <[email-masked]>
Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Dave Ward <[email-masked]>
Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
CCAMP Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Reponse Contact: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Deborah Brungard <[email-masked]>
Technical Contact: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Deborah Brungard <[email-masked]>
Purpose: For comment 
Body: The CCAMP working group thanks Q14/15 for your liaison "Liaison Statement to
CCAMP regarding work on calls and Vcat/LCAS" dated March 2007.

We are not sure that the Internet-Draft
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-01.txt does use mechanisms defined by 
ITU-T SG 15 in Recommendations G.7041 and G.7042. We believe that 
"G.7041 and G.7042" is a typo and you probably meant "G.7042 and
G.7043". Further, the intention or the Internet-Draft is to enable 
the use of such mechanisms in a GMPLS network, not to use the 
mechanisms.

Nevertheless, we note your interest in this work and would welcome your
comments especially with respect to the applicability of this work to an
ASON network.

The current published version of this work can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-02.txt.

Please note, however, that this Internet-Draft remains work in progress
and the authors plan to continue to make changes to the published
material. Therefore, while we would welcome your comments, we suggest 
that you do not invest heavily in a detailed review at this stage.

We will be happy to liaise future versions of this Internet-Draft to you
as they become available if this is of interest to you.

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard
Co-chairs, IETF CCAMP Working Group
Attachment(s):
No document has been attached