Subject: FW: [mpls] Call and Connections

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:14:26 -0500

Redirected from mpls list-
 
An,
It would be helpful if you add some clarification e.g. are the VC-4
connections using VCAT? As this work is still on-going, you may want to
look at:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-02.tx
t
Deborah

________________________________

From: Anergy Virt [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Call and Connections

Hi

Can anybody explain why the call identifiers for multiple VC4
connections differ with each other when creating an end to end
connection.
For example 

A ----(UNI)--- B ====== C ======D ------(UNI)-----E

In order to support the bandwidth demand in NNI layer 2 parallel VC4
connections are created between B-C and C-D. The connection between two
NNI nodes like B-C differ in their call id. Shouldn't they carry same
call identifier? Is it a bug in implementation of vendors? 

cheers
an