Subject: RFC 4874 on Exclude Routes - Extension to Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:21:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4874

        Title:      Exclude Routes - Extension to 
                    Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering 
                    (RSVP-TE) 
        Author:     CY. Lee, A. Farrel,
                    S. De Cnodder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 59569
        Updates:    RFC3209, RFC3473
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4874.txt

This document specifies ways to communicate route exclusions during
path setup using Resource ReserVation
Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE).

The RSVP-TE specification, "RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for LSP
Tunnels" (RFC 3209) and GMPLS extensions to RSVP-TE, "Generalized
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Resource ReserVation
Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions" (RFC 3473) allow
abstract nodes and resources to be explicitly included in a path
setup, but not to be explicitly excluded.

In some networks where precise explicit paths are not computed at the
head end, it may be useful to specify and signal abstract nodes and
resources that are to be explicitly excluded from routes.  These
exclusions may apply to the whole path, or to parts of a path between
two abstract nodes specified in an explicit path.  How Shared Risk
Link Groups (SRLGs) can be excluded is also specified in this
document.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...