Subject: [CCAMP] AD review of draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:09:29 +0000

Hi,

Don't panic!

I have performed my AD review of your draft. The purpose of the
review is to catch any nits or issues before the document goes
forward to IETF last call and IESG review. By getting these issues
out at this stage we can hope for a higher quality review and a
smoother passage through the process.

Cracking draft, thank you.

I have a number of small editorial comments (below), but considering
their size I think you should simply handle them as part of the 
IETF last call which I will issue now.

Cheers,
Adrian

---

A reference to draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni might be appropriate to aid
the discussion of UNIs and NNIs.

---

There are a few acronyms not expanded on first use, but which are not
well-known according to 
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/abbrev.expansion.txt

I find:

LDP
LSP (in the abstract)
MS-PW
NNI
OAM
UNI

---

How long before Requirement 38 shows up on an RFI?
                                                   
---

Section 6 could usefully include a backpointer to section 2.4.

---

I like the text in 4.1.1. I wonder where it came from :-)

---

Section 4.1.5 might benefit from a reference to RFC 3468

---

Section 4.2.1 could include an informational reference to 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:38:21 -0500

Adrian,
	Much thanks for the comments and kind words.  See below for specific 
responses.  Let me know if you want an updated rev submitted or the 
diffs (they're ready now.)

Lou

> the discussion of UNIs and NNIs.

Sure.

> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/abbrev.expansion.txt

thanks!

> Section 6 could usefully include a backpointer to section 2.4.

done.

> Section 4.1.5 might benefit from a reference to RFC 3468

Sure.

> draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview

Sure.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:24:35 -0000

> diffs (they're ready now.)

Hang on to the changes until the end of IETF last call, then spin an update.

A