Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2011-02-10

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports static provisioning
of transport paths via a Network Management System (NMS), and
dynamic provisioning of transport paths via a control plane. This
document provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic provisioning,
and covers control plane addressing, routing, path computation,
signaling, traffic engineering, and path recovery.  MPLS-TP uses
GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP Label Switched Paths
(LSPs).  MPLS-TP also uses the Pseudowire (PW) control plane for
Pseudowires (PWs).  Management plane functions are out of scope of
this document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:33:41 -0500

FYI - this update was made to address IESG comments.

Changes include:

1) Update references
2) Minor editorial changes, including:
    - acronym expansion,
    - wordsmithing,
    - clarification of terms
3) Removal (and consequential reordering) of requirement 38 (was 
"Requirement removed.")
4) Added additional references
5) Added (PW) section 5.1.1. to parallel (LSP) section 4.2.1
6) Removed some out-of-scope text

Lou

On 2/10/2011 9:15 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp