Subject: [CCAMP] Document Action: 'Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:38:10 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical
   Networks (WSON)'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-12.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework/

Technical Summary

  This document provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi-
  Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element
  (PCE) architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical
  networks (WSON). In particular, it examines Routing and
  Wavelength Assignment (RWA) of optical paths.

  This document focuses on topological elements and path selection
  constraints that are common across different WSON environments,
  and does not address optical impairments in any depth.

Working Group Summary

  Nothing worth noting.

Document Quality

  This document is an informational framework. 
 
Personnel

  Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Section 4.2
OLD
   o  Management protocols such as NetConf, SNMPv3, CLI, and CORBA.  
NEW
   o  Management protocols such as NetConf, SNMPv3, and CORBA.  

   o  Methods to access configuration and status information such as a
      command line interface (CLI).
END