Subject: [CCAMP] Document Action: 'MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:23:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework/

Technical Summary

   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports static provisioning
   of transport paths via a Network Management System (NMS), and
   dynamic provisioning of transport paths via a control plane. This
   document provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic provisioning,
   and covers control plane addressing, routing, path computation,
   signaling, traffic engineering, and path recovery. MPLS-TP uses
   GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP LSPs. MPLS-TP also uses
   the Pseudowire (PW) control plane for Pseudowires (PWs).
   Management plane functions are out of scope of this document.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
   (PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
   of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing worth noting.

Document Quality

   This document is an informational framework. 
    It was reviewed by the CCAMP, MPLS, and PWE3 working groups in
    both of its working group last calls. It was also liaised to the ITU-T in
    two revisions, and the received review comments were addressed.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.