Subject: [CCAMP] Update: draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode-05

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:02:37 -0700

Hi CCAMPers interested in WSON, the previous draft (version 04) of 
"General Network Element Constraint Encoding for GMPLS Controlled 
Networks" was expiring so we needed to refresh with a new version. There 
are no changes technical or otherwise in the document.

This document and four other WSON documents are ready for last call but 
were deferred pending a write up from Pierre Peloso concerning some type 
of alternative information model and encoding. In the CCAMP Prague 
meeting minutes (http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/minutes/ccamp.htm) 
there was a commitment to resolve this issue quickly. It has now been 
two months.  On April 2 we furnished an analysis of what we though the 
scheme proposed by Peloso was and demonstrated that the proposed 
increase in complexity might save 10-20 bytes, an insignificant amount.

Was an alternate information/encoding still being pursued by Peloso or 
others? If so when can we see it? Or can we finally move these documents 
into last call.

Best Regards

Greg

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237