Subject: [CCAMP] Proposed Liaison to ITU-T Q14/15 on RFC5787bis

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A (ATTSI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:14:49 -0400

CCAMP,

The authors of draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis have made a request for early
assignment of codepoints. To assist the chairs and the wg in evaluating
this request, we have prepared the following liaison to ITU-T to inform
them of our work and request for their review of the document (we will
update the document link to the most recent version of the draft).

Please send any comments to the ccamp mailing list by June 3rd. We plan
to submit this liaison to Q14/15 for their review at their upcoming
meeting (week of June 13th).

Thanks,
Deborah and Lou
----------------------------------------------------

Title: Request for review of OSPFv2 extensions for ASON Routing

The CCAMP working group would like to inform Q14/15 of the ITU-T that we
have reopened our work on OSPFv2 extensions for ASON Routing which was
published as experimental RFC 5787. A draft revision has been accepted
as a working group document, and is following the standards track IETF
process. The working group document is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis

The authors of the draft believe that the work is stable and
sufficiently stable to change to justify early assignment of codepoints.
Given that such early assignment implies that the WG believes
significant technical changes are unlikely, and considering the time
lapse since the last Liaison on this subject between our groups, we
request Q14/15 to review this latest version of the document and provide
us your feedback on if this document accurately reflects the
requirements of routing in an ASON environment. If you believe this
document does not accurate reflect the requirements, we request that you
identify the specific requirements that are not addressed.

To assist in your review, the authors provided a comparison to ASON
requirements summarized in a previous liaison:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ccamp/current/msg12015.html.

We request that you respond with review comments by June 30th to allow
for publication of any needed updates in the draft prior to the Quebec
IETF. CCAMP appreciates your support and we are looking forward to
continuing exchange of information as we continue to progress this work.

Best regards,

Lou Berger and Deborah Brungard
CCAMP Working Group Co-chairs

Attachment(s):
None