Subject: [CCAMP] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-03.txt

From: Weiqiang Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:20:00 +0800

Hi all,

We have recently updated the draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm with a few editorial
Changes.

Comments are welcome as always.

Best regards,
Weiqiang and co-authors

On 5/24/11 9:51 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories. This draft is a work item of the Common Control and
>Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in
>Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks
>	Author(s)       : Weiqiang Sun
>                          Guoying Zhang
>	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-03.txt
>	Pages           : 34
>	Date            : 2011-05-23
>
>   When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
>   MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
>   necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
>   programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
>   completion of signaling process may be used by applications as
>   indication that data path has become usable.  The existence of this
>   delay and the possible failure of cross connection programming, if
>   not properly treated, will result in data loss or even application
>   failure.  Characterization of this performance can thus help
>   designers to improve the application model and to build more robust
>   applications.  This document defines a series of performance metrics
>   to evaluate the availability of data path in the signaling process.
>
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-03.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-03.txt
>_______________________________________________
>CCAMP mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp