Subject: [CCAMP] MIB problem

From: "Csatári János" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:44:36 +0200

Dear all!

I am working on an MPLS-discovery project, and I would like to include OSPF-TE information in the objects. Since I didn't found any MIB definiton where Link attributes (Maximum BW, Maximum Reservable BW, Unreserved BW) reside (RFC 3630 - OSPFv2 TE), I found the draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib-09 Internet Draft, which would be very good to use. (Does every device uses it?)

But when I wanted to try this MIB definition in a GUI MIB Browser (iReasoning MIB Browser), I couldn't import it saying "contains unknown MIB node: tedConformance (from module null)". Is there any idea to overcome this problem?

Anyway, is it a wise idea to use an Internet Draft? If not, what would you suggest to cultivate these data?

Thanks for advice!

Greetings,
János

___________________________________

---

From: "Csatári János" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:28:42 +0200

Still no idea? :(

Csatári János <[email-masked]> írta :

> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:36:12 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Csatári János" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] MIB problem

> Still no idea? :(

Lots of ideas:-(

I-Ds are work in progress, and may or may not advance to RFC; when they do
advance, they may change significantly, particularly with MIB modules, with
objects being deleted, the MIB structure being reorganised and so on.

This I-D has been around since at least 2006, which may mean that it is stable
and mature, or may mean that it has ground to a halt for lack of support.  You
could mail the authors direct - addresses in the I-D - to see what they are
planning to do.

Technically, a problem with most MIB modules is that they need to be inserted
into the existing MIB tree as in

"   tedMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
    ....
        "Initial version. Published as RFC xxx."
     -- RFC-editor pls fill in yyy
      ::= { transmission yyy } "

so the module is unusable until yyy is assigned: and later in the I-D,

"9.1 IANA Considerations for TED-MIB

   The IANA is requested to assign {transmission XXX } to the TED-MIB
   module specified in this document. "

Well, assuming that yyy = XXX then this assignation takes place when the I-D is
approved for publication as an RFC, which again militates against there being
many implementations of it
prior to then, since they will all need updating when IANA then determines the
value of yyy/XXX.

So you could have a long wait or even an infinite wait, but do try the authors;
they will be more optimistic than I.

The convention is to say 'Hope This Helps' but that may not be suitable in this
case:-(

Tom Petch
> > I am working on an MPLS-discovery project, and I would like to include
OSPF-TE information in the objects. Since I didn't found any MIB definiton where
Link attributes (Maximum BW, Maximum Reservable BW, Unreserved BW) reside (RFC
3630 - OSPFv2 TE), I found the draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ted-mib-09 Internet Draft,
which would be very good to use. (Does every device uses it?)
> >
> > But when I wanted to try this MIB definition in a GUI MIB Browser
(iReasoning MIB Browser), I couldn't import it saying "contains unknown MIB
node: tedConformance (from module null)". Is there any idea to overcome this
problem?

---

From: Csatári János <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:58:30 +0200

Thank you so much for your advice! :)

I think I will contact the I-D authors, as I see they are from the same 
company.

Again, thank you! :)

2011.07.18. 17:36 keltezéssel, t.petch írta:
> From: "Csatári János"<[email-masked]>
> To:<[email-masked]>
>> Csatári János<[email-masked]>  írta :
>>
>>> Dear all!
>>>