Subject: [CCAMP] Fwd: draft-ietf-tsvwg-intserv-multiple-tspec-00 submitted

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:29:40 -0400

Just an FYI -- I thought some may be interested in this work in the
TSVWG as it may end up being applicable/useful for GMPLS usage.  Note
all discussion on this document belongs on [email-masked] *not* ccamp.

Lou
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: draft-ietf-tsvwg-intserv-multiple-tspec-00 submitted
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 19:17:20 -0500
From: James M. Polk <[email-masked]>
To: tsvwg <[email-masked]>

TSVWG

(with my individual hat on)

We'd like to draw your attention to the newest WG item within TSVWG.

The authors made only a couple of individual modifications from the
individual version that was approved as a WG item:

- clarified how this extension also extends RFC 4495 (RSVP Bandwidth
Reduction), and
- added some text to the security considerations section

The top item has to do with good network hygiene - correcting as soon
as possible when too much BW was reserved (that is no longer needed)
within part of a reservation setup. The latter item was directly from
a review comment.

Both of these we thought we low hanging fruit, so we put them in this
version. Any further changes needs WG approval in our opinion.

Comments are encouraged and/or requested.

James & Subha

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories. This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working 
>Group Working Group of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : Integrated Services (IntServ) Extension 
> to Allow Signaling of Multiple Traffic Specifications and Multiple 
> Flow Specifications in RSVPv1
>         Author(s)       : James Polk
>                           Subha Dhesikan
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-intserv-multiple-tspec-00.txt
>         Pages           : 26
>         Date            : 2011-07-03
>
>    This document defines extensions to Integrated Services (IntServ)
>    allowing  multiple traffic specifications and multiple flow
>    specifications to be conveyed in the same Resource Reservation
>    Protocol (RSVPv1) reservation message exchange. This ability helps
>    optimize an agreeable bandwidth through a network between endpoints
>    in a single round trip.
>
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-intserv-multiple-tspec-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-intserv-multiple-tspec-00.txt
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt