Subject: [CCAMP] Comments on draft-shimazaki-ccamp-wson-interoperability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:57:07 +0800

Hi Authors,

Following is my comments on your draft.

1. What's the definition of Non-WSON node? It is not clear for me. 
     Could you give me some character about Non-WSON node?

2. In section 2.1, you mention Non-WSON should ignore the WSON extended 
IGP information.
But you also mention Non-WSON node should combine two TEDs, WSON and 
non-WSON and make one TED.
Since Non-WSON ignores WSON extended IGP information, why can it get WSON 
TED?

3. In section 4, you mention Non-WSON node (source)  compute a path route 
without any consideration of WSON constraint 
and signal to WSON node (downstream) which will adds wavelength 
information.
Does the path computation in Non-WSON make any sense?
As path computation in Non-WSON node doesn't have any WSON IGP 
information, the computation result isn't feasible.

4.Could the UNI interface between WSON node and Non-WSON resolve the 
interworking?

Xihua Fu

---

From: Daisaku Shimazaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 01:59:35 +0900

Dear Xihua Fu,

Thank you for your comments.

>      Could you give me some character about Non-WSON node?

Non-WSON node means the node that does not support WSON protocols,
for example routers that have no WDM interafaces.

> Since Non-WSON ignores WSON extended IGP information, why can it get WSON 

Non-WSON nodes receive LSAs from WSON nodes and ignore only WSON
information. Other information be recognized.
For example, non-WSON node ignores only sub-TLVs about WSON.

> information, the computation result isn't feasible.

Non-WSON node have network topology including WSON,
because it ignore only WSON information.

> 4.Could the UNI interface between WSON node and Non-WSON resolve the 

Tthis propose is based on peer model.
If non-WSON node need to have whole network topology,
I think this propose is better.

Best Regards,
Daisaku Shimazaki, NTT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 04:05:00 +0800

It may not a good idea for CP to ignore WSON information although it can 
get the LSA from WSON network.
You mention Non-WSON node could compute a CSPF routing across WSON 
network, 
but Non-WSON node don't care about the wavelength available and 
impairement information.
Does the computation result make any sense?