Subject: Re: [CCAMP] How to differentiate between DWDM encocded labels of RFC6205 and LSC labels of 3471/73

From: "Zafar Ali (zali)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:08:54 -0500

Hi- 

I thought due to IETF and travel you may have missed this email; sending
it again. 

Thanks

Regards ... Zafar 

From: Zafar Ali (zali) 
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:10 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Lou Berger'; Mike Taillon (mtaillon)
Subject: How to differentiate between DWDM encocded labels of RFC6205
and LSC labels of 3471/73

Dear authors of RFC6205 and all- 

>From RFC 6205 and RFC 3471, 3471, it is not clear how a receiver can
differentiate between LSC labels that are encoded for DWDM (as per RFC
6205) and non-DWDM encoded LSC labels from RFC 3471/73 (similar what is
expected of the sender of such labels). 

Please note that:

*        Both labels are 32 bit long LSC labels. 

*        There is no label type in any signaling message. 

*        None of these RFCs specify what label encoding type should be
carried to indicate which LSP encoding type should be carried to
indicate how the signaling label is encoded. Can we/ should we use
encoding type to inferred the label type. If yes, this is not a 1:1
relationship and is not documented.  

Your follow-ups on this will be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Regards ... Zafar