Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 6344 on Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and the Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:33:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6344

        Title:      Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and 
                    the Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) 
                    with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching 
                    (GMPLS) 
        Author:     G. Bernstein, Ed.,
                    D. Caviglia, R. Rabbat,
                    H. van Helvoort
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 44897
        Updates:    RFC4606

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6344.txt

This document describes requirements for, and the use of, the
Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in
support of the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse
multiplexing data plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity
Adjustment Scheme (LCAS).  LCAS can be used for hitless dynamic
resizing of the inverse multiplex group.  These techniques apply to
Optical Transport Network (OTN), Synchronous Optical Network
(SONET), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), and Plesiochronous
Digital Hierarchy (PDH) signals.  This document updates RFC 4606 by
making modifications to the procedures for supporting virtual
concatenation.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC