Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 08:16:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : Greg M. Bernstein
                          Young Lee
                          Dan Li
                          Wataru Imajuku
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-12.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2011-08-08

   A wavelength switched optical network (WSON) requires that certain
   key information elements are made available to facilitate path
   computation and the establishment of label switching paths (LSPs).
   The information model described in &quot;Routing and Wavelength Assignment
   Information for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks&quot; shows what
   information is required at specific points in the WSON. Part of the
   WSON information model contains aspects that may be of general
   applicability to other technologies, while other parts are fairly
   specific to WSONs.

   This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for the
   WSON specific information elements. It is intended that protocol-
   specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
   information is carried for specific uses. Such encodings can be used
   to extend GMPLS signaling and routing protocols. In addition these
   encodings could be used by other mechanisms to convey this same
   information to a path computation element (PCE).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-12.txt

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 08:29:50 -0700

Hi CCAMPers interested in WSON, we updated the WSON encoding draft to 
add clarifying text on the concepts and encodings of resources, resource 
blocks,  and resource block sets in section 3.  Please let me know if 
you have any trouble applying the encodings to any of your systems. I 
did a survey of current vendor offerings and didn't see anything unusual 
(mostly WSS based implementations, tunable lasers, one or two flavors of 
regenerators). We would like to move the WSON drafts forward in a timely 
manner.
Best Regards
Greg B.

On 8/8/2011 8:16 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>     The information model described in&quot;Routing and Wavelength Assignment
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>
>

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237