Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 6827 on Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:18:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6827

        Title:      Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) 
                    Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols 
        Author:     A. Malis, Ed.,
                    A. Lindem, Ed.,
                    D. Papadimitriou, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 73279
        Obsoletes:  RFC5787
        Updates:    RFC5786

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6827.txt

The ITU-T has defined an architecture and requirements for operating
an Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).

The Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) protocol suite
is designed to provide a control plane for a range of network
technologies.  These include optical networks such as time division
multiplexing (TDM) networks including the Synchronous Optical
Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH), Optical Transport
Networks (OTNs), and lambda switching optical networks.

The requirements for GMPLS routing to satisfy the requirements of
ASON routing and an evaluation of existing GMPLS routing protocols
are provided in other documents.  This document defines extensions to
the OSPFv2 Link State Routing Protocol to meet the requirements for
routing in an ASON.

Note that this work is scoped to the requirements and evaluation
expressed in RFC 4258 and RFC 4652 and the ITU-T Recommendations
that were current when those documents were written.  Future extensions or
revisions of this work may be necessary if the ITU-T Recommendations
are revised or if new requirements are introduced into a revision of
RFC 4258.  This document obsoletes RFC 5787 and updates RFC 5786.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC