Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'Link Management Protocol Behavior Negotiation and Configuration Modifications' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:01:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Link Management Protocol Behavior Negotiation and Configuration
   Modifications'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation/

Technical Summary

   The Link Management Protocol (LMP) is used to coordinate the 
   properties, use, and faults of data links in Generalized 
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS)-controlled networks. This 
   document defines an extension to LMP to negotiate capabilities and 
   indicate support for LMP extensions. The defined extension is 
   compatible with non-supporting implementations. 

   This document updates RFC 4204, RFC 4207, RFC 4209 and RFC 5818. 
 
Working Group Summary: 

   No concerns, the document had good support. 

Document Quality: 

   There have been no public statements related to implementations,
   though significant interest was expressed by the working group to
   progress this extension of the LMP protocol in support of future extensions.
 
Personnel: 

   Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd. 
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.
 
RFC Editor Note

   You may remove the disclaimer for pre-RFC5378 work. I checked with the
   authors and all work post-dates November 2008.