Subject: [CCAMP] Supplementary question on draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-aps-req

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 13:02:45 +0100

Hi,

Just talking about this I-D with someone and we wondered where and how you see
the RSVP-TE ASSOCIATION object with your work.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Ogaki, Kenichi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:58:39 +0900

Dear Adrian,

> Just talking about this I-D with someone and we wondered where and how you
> see the RSVP-TE ASSOCIATION object with your work.

IMHO, ASSOCIATION object should be handled by RSVP-TE handling process on an
LSP head-end node, separated from PCC process on this node.
However, PCC should indicate a protection type how a protecting LSP protects
the protected one in PCReq as described in 3.1(7) and 3.2(3). In this case,
the PCC process receives both calculated protecting and protected routes
from PCE, then informs the RSVP-TE process of these routes. After that,
RSVP-TE process should appropriately add ASSOCIATION object to Path messages
for these LSPs. 

If we touch on ASSOCIATION object in this draft, a sentence may be added to
3.2(3)Roles of the routes as follows.

When a PCC specifies the protection type of an LSP, the PCE should compute
the working route and the corresponding protection route(s). Therefore, the
PCRep should allow to distinguish the working (nominal) and the protection
routes. According to these routes, RSVP-TE procedure appropriately creates
both the working and the protection LSPs for example with ASSOCIATION object
[RFC6689].

Is this reasonable answer?

Thanks,
Kenichi
--
Kenichi Ogaki
KDDI | IP Transport Network Development Dept.
+81-(0)80-5945-9138 | www.kddi.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 9:03 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [CCAMP] Supplementary question on draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-aps-req
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Just talking about this I-D with someone and we wondered where and how you
> see the RSVP-TE ASSOCIATION object with your work.
> 
> Thanks,
> Adrian
> 
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp