Subject: [CCAMP] AD review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:11:33 +0100

Hi,

Here is my usual AD review of this document.  You have approached a
pretty icky-complex topic well, and produced a readable (if technical)
document. Well done!

I have only a few nits as comments and propose to enter them as IETF
last-call comments as the document moves forward. (They care copied
below for your information).

The next thing you should see is the IETF last call announcement.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

Please fix the two lines that are too long (see idnits)

---

Please expand "OTN" on first use in the main text.
Please expand "TS" on its first use.

---

6.2

   The ingress node of an LSP MAY include Label ERO (Explicit Route 
   Object) to indicate the label in each hops along the path.

Missing "subobject".

---

6.2.1

   When an upstream node receives a Resv message containing an 
   GENERALIZED_LABEL object

s/an/a/

---

Please consider and note what updates to GMPLS management tools are
needed.

Are there any changes to the Alarms that might arise? We have a document
for that.

Are there any changes to the way OAM is controlled? We have a document
for that.

Should the new G-PIDs show in the TC MIB managed by IANA at
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ianagmplstc-mib/ianagmplstc-mib.xhtml
This should happen automgically when the feeding registries are updated
but it is probably best to add a specific request for IANA.

Will other MIB work be needed (in the future) to make it possible to 
read new information (labels, tspecs) from network devices?

---

Please fix so that you have three sections:

Authors' Addresses (only those people on the front page)
Contributors (other people who made significant text contributions to
the document)
Acknowledgements (other people who helped with the work)

---

[OTN-OSPF] should be a normative reference for its use to define the 
value of the switching type used in signaling.