Subject: [CCAMP] Nit in CCAMP minutes

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 03:24:53 +0100

Hi,

The minutes for items 20 and 21 show me saying:

> Adrian Farrel: AD hat off - My name appears on applicability I-D, but not on
the use
> cases. This is not an accident, if we go for option 1 fine, if we go for
option 2 I would
> not support. I do not think the approach is good or even possible. This is not
how we
> should build networks.

This is an unfortunate reversal of what I said.
At around minute 56 of the audio file
https://www.ietf.org/audio/ietf87/ietf87-potsdam1-20130731-1300-pm1.mp3 you can
hear me say...

"AD hat off - My name appears on applicability I-D, but not on the use cases.
This is not an accident. If we were to go for option 1 I would have severe
problems. I'm definitely an option 2 person, so I can be in favour of one
document and opposed to the other. I don't think the ONI approach is good or
desirable. I don't like the mechanism proposed for sharing routing information.
It's not that I see the UNI definition as being you must, must not share routing
information, I just don't see that that's the way we should build networks."

Later on in the same section I am reported as saying:

> Adrian Farrel: 

Which is perhaps a little terse :-)

The audio records...

"The enhanced mode in L1VPN recognised there was function there, but didn't need
to call it any other special type of interface. It was just two networks talking
to each other."

I'm not asking for a verbatim record (I like the way the minutes are reported as
salient points not a transcript), but I would like the initial point sorted out
a bit, please.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:51:09 -0400

Adrian,

Your corrections have been posted.  Any additional corrections would be
most welcome!

Lou

On 8/19/2013 10:24 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
> 
> 
> 
>