Subject: [CCAMP] Post WG LC technical change in general-constraints-ospf-te-06

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 14:52:21 -0500

All,

At the end of October (as part of LC) I asked the Authors:
> - You define a new top-level TLV, the Generic Node Attribute TLV.  Did
> you consider using the Node Attribute TLV defined in RFC5786? Why not
> use it?

The rev published at the end of December (see below) made a change to
use the Node Attribute TLV.  I personally like this change, but the
change wasn't explicitly reviewed on the list.  Given that I expect to
put in the publication request for this document shortly, I wanted to
highlight this technical change to the WG and to confirm that the
document reflects the consensus of the WG.

If you have any comments on the changes in the latest rev of the draft,
please send them to the list.  Stating that you support (or even already
implemented) the changes is an acceptable comment.

Much thanks,
Lou (co-chair and document shepherd)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-06.txt
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:12:41 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element
Constraints
        Authors         : Fatai Zhang
                          Young Lee
                          Jianrui Han
                          Greg Bernstein
                          Yunbin Xu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-12-23

Abstract:
   Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) can be used to
   control a wide variety of technologies including packet switching
   (e.g., MPLS), time-division (e.g., SONET/SDH, Optical Transport
   Network (OTN)), wavelength (lambdas), and spatial switching (e.g.,
   incoming port or fiber to outgoing port or fiber). In some of these
   technologies, network elements and links may impose additional
   routing constraints such as asymmetric switch connectivity, non-
   local label assignment, and label range limitations on links. This
   document describes Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol
   extensions to support these kinds of constraints under the control
   of GMPLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:51:15 +0800

Lou,

I support this change.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:51:08 -0800

Lou,

I also support the change.

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>         Filename        :

---

From: "Zhangxian (Xian)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 02:13:56 +0000

Hi, Lou, 

   I support this change. 

Regards,
Xian

-----Original Message-----
From: CCAMP [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lou Berger
Sent: 2014年1月21日 3:52
To: CCAMP
Subject: [CCAMP] Post WG LC technical change in general-constraints-ospf-te-06

All,

Much thanks,

-------- Original Message --------

Abstract: