Subject: [CCAMP] Request for early IANA Allocation of values for new flag and RRO sub-object in draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05

From: OSCAR GONZALEZ DE DIOS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:35 +0000

Dear CCAMP WG Chairs,

Following the procedure for Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Code Points defined in Section 3.1 of RFC 7120, on behalf of the authors of the WG draft "RSVP-TE Extensions for Collecting SRLG Information", draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05, it is requested to CCAMP WG chairs the early allocation of the following values:

 --> Value for a new flag, named "SRLG Collection Flag" in the RSVP Attribute Bit Flags space. IANA has created a registry and manages the space of attributes bit flags of Attribute Flags TLV, as described in section 11.3 of [RFC5420], in the "Attributes TLV Space" section of the "Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Parameters" registry located in https://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-te-parameters/rsvp-te-parameters.xhtml. The document "RSVP-TE Extensions for Collecting SRLG Information",draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05, introduces and defines a new Attribute Bit Flag, named "SRLG Collection Flag". It is requested that IANA makes an early assignment of the value of the "SRLG Collection Flag" from the Attribute Bit Flags.

 --> Type for a new RRO sub-object, named "SRLG sub-object " within the ROUTE_RECORD Object space. IANA has made assignments in the "Class Names, Class Numbers, and Class Types" section of the "RSVP PARAMETERS" registry located at http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters. It is requested that IANA makes an early assignment of the type of the new proposed RRO sub object in the document draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05 named "SRLG sub-object" from the ROUTE_RECORD portions of the mentioned registry.

-> Value for a new Policy Control Failure Error sub code. IANA has made assignments in the "Error Codes and Globally-Defined Error Value Sub-Codes" section of the "RSVP
   PARAMETERS" registry located at http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters.  We request that IANA makes an early assignment of a new error sub-code from the Policy Control Failure Sub-Codes registry.

 The main reason for the request of the early allocation is to facilitate interoperability of early implementations, as other WG documents have also new values in the same registry and clashes have been identified with the suggested values in the draft.

 Best Regards,

 Oscar

________________________________

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario, puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si no es usted. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización puede estar prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu destinatário, pode conter informação privilegiada ou confidencial e é para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se não é vossa senhoria o destinatário indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura, utilização, divulgação e/ou cópia sem autorização pode estar proibida em virtude da legislação vigente. Se recebeu esta mensagem por erro, rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e proceda a sua destruição

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:17:57 -0400

Adrian,
The WG chairs support the following early allocation request:

1) In the "Attributes TLV Space" section of the "Resource Reservation
Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Parameters" registry located in
https://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-te-
<https://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-te-parameters/rsvp-te-parameters.xhtml>
parameters/rsvp-te-parameters.xhtml
<https://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-te-parameters/rsvp-te-parameters.xhtml>:

Type (value to be assigned)
Name SRLG Collection Flag
Allowed on LSP_ATTRIBUTES yes
Allowed on LSP_REQUIRED_ATTRIBUTES yes

2) In the Sub-object type ‒ 21 ROUTE_RECORD portion of the Resource
Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Parameters registry located at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters/rsvp-parameters.xhtml:
Value: (value to be assigned) 34 is suggested to align with ERO
Description: SRLG sub-object

3) In the "Error Codes and Globally-Defined Error Value Sub-Codes,
Sub-Codes ‒ 2 Policy Control Failure" section of the "RSVP PARAMETERS"
registry located at http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters.
Value: (value to be assigned)
Description: SRLG sub-object

Do you approve this request -- so that we can submit the request (per
stpe 5 of RFC7120)?

Thank you,
Lou (and Deborah)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Request for early IANA Allocation of values for new flag and
RRO sub-object in draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05
Date: 	Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:35 +0000
From: 	OSCAR GONZALEZ DE DIOS <[email-masked]>
To: 	Lou Berger <[email-masked]>, DEBORAH A BRUNGARD <[email-masked]>
CC: 	CCAMP <[email-masked]>

Dear CCAMP WG Chairs,

Following the procedure for Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track
Code Points defined in Section 3.1 of RFC 7120, on behalf of the authors
of the WG draft "RSVP-TE Extensions for Collecting SRLG Information",
draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05, it is requested to CCAMP WG
chairs the early allocation of the following values:

--> Value for a new flag, named "SRLG Collection Flag" in the RSVP
Attribute Bit Flags space. IANA has created a registry and manages the
space of attributes bit flags of Attribute Flags TLV, as described in
section 11.3 of [RFC5420], in the "Attributes TLV Space" section of the
"Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Parameters"
registry located in
https://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-te-parameters/rsvp-te-parameters.xhtml.
The document "RSVP-TE Extensions for Collecting SRLG
Information",draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05, introduces and
defines a new Attribute Bit Flag, named "SRLG Collection Flag". It is
requested that IANA makes an early assignment of the value of the "SRLG
Collection Flag" from the Attribute Bit Flags.

--> Type for a new RRO sub-object, named "SRLG sub-object " within the
ROUTE_RECORD Object space. IANA has made assignments in the "Class
Names, Class Numbers, and Class Types" section of the "RSVP PARAMETERS"
registry located at http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters. It
is requested that IANA makes an early assignment of the type of the new
proposed RRO sub object in the document
draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05 named "SRLG sub-object" from
the ROUTE_RECORD portions of the mentioned registry.

—> Value for a new Policy Control Failure Error sub code. IANA has made
assignments in the "Error Codes and Globally-Defined Error Value
Sub-Codes" section of the "RSVP
PARAMETERS" registry located at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters. We request that IANA
makes an early assignment of a new error sub-code from the Policy
Control Failure Sub-Codes registry.

The main reason for the request of the early allocation is to facilitate
interoperability of early implementations, as other WG documents have
also new values in the same registry and clashes have been identified
with the suggested values in the draft.

Best Regards,

Oscar

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario,
puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso
exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si no es usted. el
destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización,
divulgación y/o copia sin autorización puede estar prohibida en virtud
de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le
rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda
a su destrucción.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately
reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error
and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu
destinatário, pode conter informação privilegiada ou confidencial e é
para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se não é vossa
senhoria o destinatário indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura,
utilização, divulgação e/ou cópia sem autorização pode estar proibida em
virtude da legislação vigente. Se recebeu esta mensagem por erro,
rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e
proceda a sua destruição

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 03:23:18 +0100

Hi,

I approve.

Please check that the IANA section of the draft is nice and clean so IANA can make the right allocations with no ambiguity.
OR
Wait a few days for me to have time to check the draft.

Thanks,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lou Berger [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 22 July 2014 23:18
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: CCAMP
> Subject: Fwd: Request for early IANA Allocation of values for new flag and RRO
> sub-object in draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-05
> 
> 
> Adrian,