Subject: [CCAMP] WG Last Call on draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-04

From: Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 02:35:56 +0000

Hi all,

This starts a two week working group last call on [draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-04].

The working group last call ends on Friday, July 8th. Please send your comments to the CCAMP mailing list.

As is always the case, positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is ready for publication", are welcome. This is useful and important, even from authors.

Since the WG chairs and secretary are co-authors/co-contributor of this draft, if anyone is willing to be the shepherd of the document, please volunteer.

Note that no IPR was disclosed against this document.

Thanks

Fatai and Daniele

---

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 10:50:22 +0200

Hi Fatai, CCAMPers,

I've reviewed this document and I have the following comment:

Section 4.1:

4.1. ISCD Extensions for Flexi-grid

Value Type

----- ----

152 (TBA by IANA) Flexi-Grid-LSC capable

Switching Capability and Encoding values MUST be used as follows:

Switching Capability = Flexi-Grid-LSC

Encoding Type = lambda [as defined in RFC3471]

When Switching Capability and Encoding fields are set to values as
stated above, the Interface Switching Capability Descriptor MUST be
interpreted as in [RFC4203] with the optional inclusion of one or
more Switching Capability Specific Information sub-TLVs.

draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-04 defines the Switching
Capability Specific Information sub-TLVs, but the ISCD as defined

in RFC4203 contains "Max LSP Bandwidth at priority x" fields
in the  generic ISCD part and these fields do IMHO not make

sense for flex grid (see below). The draft does not say how these
fields shall be filled.

Excerpt from RFC4203:

1.4. Interface Switching Capability Descriptor

The Interface Switching Capability Descriptor is a sub-TLV (of type
15) of the Link TLV. The length is the length of value field in
octets. The format of the value field is as shown below:

0 1 2 3
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Switching Cap | Encoding | Reserved |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 0 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 1 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 2 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 3 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 4 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 5 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 6 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Max LSP Bandwidth at priority 7 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Switching Capability-specific information |
| (variable) |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The Switching Capability (Switching Cap) field contains one of the
following values:

1 Packet-Switch Capable-1 (PSC-1)
2 Packet-Switch Capable-2 (PSC-2)
3 Packet-Switch Capable-3 (PSC-3)
4 Packet-Switch Capable-4 (PSC-4)
51 Layer-2 Switch Capable (L2SC)
100 Time-Division-Multiplex Capable (TDM)
150 Lambda-Switch Capable (LSC)
200 Fiber-Switch Capable (FSC)

The Encoding field contains one of the values specified in Section
3.1.1 of [GMPLS-SIG].

Maximum LSP Bandwidth is encoded as a list of eight 4 octet fields in
the IEEE floating point format [IEEE], with priority 0 first and
priority 7 last. The units are bytes (not bits!) per second.

The content of the Switching Capability specific information field
depends on the value of the Switching Capability field.

Minor nits:

page 5 typo:

'Chanel Spacing' instead of 'Channel
Spacing'

page 7 editorial:

'Flexi-Grid-LSC capable': capable should be removed (already
included in the LSC abbreviation).

Thanks,

Dieter

On 25.06.2016 04:35, Fatai Zhang wrote:

Hi
all,

This
starts a two week working group last call on
[draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-04].

The
working group last call ends on Friday, July 8th. Please
send your comments to the CCAMP mailing list.

As
is always the case, positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed
this document and believe it is ready for publication", are
welcome. This is useful and important, even from authors.

Since
the WG chairs and secretary are co-authors/co-contributor of
this draft, if anyone is willing to be the shepherd of the
document, please volunteer.

Note
that no IPR was disclosed against this document.

Thanks

Fatai
and Daniele

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

--

Dieter Beller

ASON/GMPLS Project Manager

IP/Optical Networks, Optics, Nokia

t: +49 711 821 43125 | m : +49 175 7266874 | OnNet: 259 43125

[email-masked]

Alcatel-Lucent
Deutschland AG | Lorenzstr. 10 | 70435 Stuttgart

Sitz
der Gesellschaft | Domicile of the Company: Stuttgart ·
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 4026

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates | Chairman of the Supervisory
Board: Prof. J. Menno Harms

Vorstand | Board of Management: Wilhelm Dresselhaus
(Vorsitzender | Chairman) · Hans-Jörg Daub · Ralf Niederberger

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain
confidential information.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us and
delete or destroy the e-mail and its attachments, if any,
immediately.

If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not forward
or make use of the e-mail and its attachments, if any.

---

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 10:50:53 +0200

Hi Fatai, CCAMPers,

Section 4.1:

Value Type

----- ----

Excerpt from RFC4203:

0 1 2 3

Minor nits:

page 5 typo:

page 7 editorial:

Thanks,

Dieter

Hi
all,

This

The

As

Since

Note

Thanks

Fatai
and Daniele