Subject: [CCAMP] Document Action: 'Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extension for Additional Signal Types in G.709 OTN' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:53:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extension
   for Additional Signal Types in G.709 OTN'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3-04.txt) as
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3/

Technical Summary

 RFC 4328 and RFC 7139 provide Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering
(RSVP-TE) signaling extensions to control the full set of Optical Transport Network
(OTN) features. However, these specifications do not cover the additional Optical
channel Data Unit (ODU) containers defined in G.Sup43 (ODU1e, ODU3e1 and ODU3e2).
This document updates RFC 7139 to define new signal types for these additional containers.

Working Group Summary

The ID went through a second last call after the update of
draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-signal-type-subregistry, which now allows for the support of
“Specification Required policies” in the “OTN Siganl Type” subregistry.

Document Quality

At least two vendors have plans for developing the extensions defined in this
document. The document was thoroughly  by Adrian Farrel and Lou Berger,
they are both mentioned in the acknowledgements section.   

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Daniele Ceccarelli
Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard