Subject: [Cellar] "raw" data from scanner

From: Reto Kromer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:20:19 +0200

Hello,

the majority of the current film scanners are Bayer-based, and
there are around many proprietary "raw" formats. There is also
GoPro's CineForm RAW, which some scanners do use, and very
recently Apple has launched ProRes RAW, which is designed for
capturing and post-production.

I'm still dreaming of having the possibility to store in a open
way the "raw" video data info Matroska/FFV1, instead of personal
hacks. Sorry for boring you with this since three years!

Best regards, Reto

---

From: Jerome Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:26:44 +0200

> hacks. Sorry for boring you with this since three years!

I suggested a patch:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cellar/current/msg01398.html
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/pull/100

Beside time (e.g. with CineForm RAW, issue is to have a usable decoder 
for such stream, it takes time to adapt the CineForm RAW decoder source 
code to something usable for FFV1 encoder input), I am currently blocked 
by the lack of samples from different sources for demonstrating the 
feasibility and performance of the proposed patch.