Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v30.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 14:36:13 +0100

Hey,

2019 is here along with the first release of MKVToolNix for the year,
v30.0.0. It's on the smaller side wrt. the number of user-visible
changes. It does contain a couple of usability enhancements for the
GUI, though, that folks will hopefully appreciate.

Nothing has changed for package managers since v29.0.0.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 30.0.0 "Interstellar" 2019-01-04

## New features and enhancements

* mkvextract: WAV extractor: mkvextract will now write W64 files instead of
  WAV files if the file name extension is `.w64` or if the final file size is
  bigger than 4 GB, the file size limit for WAV files. Implements #2458.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: a new button was added next to the "destination
  file" controls. Clicking it shows a menu with the ten most recently used
  output directories. Selecting one of them will change the destination file
  to the selected directory keeping the file name. Implements #2468.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer (preferences): the ten most recently used values
  for the "relative output directory" and "fixed output directory" settings
  are now saved. The corresponding settings have been changed into combo boxes
  allowing quick access to those recent values.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer (preferences): the predefined split sizes and
  durations can now be customized in the preferences.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: added an option in the "Chapter editor" menu
  for appending chapters from an existing file to the currently open editor
  tab. Part of the implementation of #2439.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: added an action in the context menu for
  copying the selected entry and all of its children to another open editor
  tab. Part of the implementation of #2439.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: all files opened for writing will now be flushed once before
  they're closed. This ensures the operating system actually writes all cached
  data to disk preventing data loss in certain situations such as power
  outages or buggy drivers in combination with suspending the computer. Fixes
  #2469.
* mkvmerge: AAC: under certain conditions 8 channel audio files were taken for
  7 channel ones.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: removing a file added as an "additional part"
  will no longer cause a crash. Fixes #2461.
* source code: fixed compilation with Boost 1.69.0 after API-breaking change
  to the `boost::tribool` class. Fixes #2460.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu

---

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:43:34 +0100

Hey,

due to an unfortunate bug in v30.0.0 that caused the GUI's chapter editor
to truncate Matroska/WebM files to a few KB, I have to release v30.1.0
today. This release also implements a workaround for dragging & dropping
not working on macOS with Qt 5.12 (due to a bug in Qt).

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 30.1.0 "Forever And More" 2019-01-05

## Bug fixes

* build system: fixed building on non-UTF-8 locales. Fixes #2474.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: implemented a workaround for drag & drop not
  working on macOS with Qt 5.12 due to a bug in Qt 5.12. Fixes #2472.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: when opening a Matroska/WebM file that
  doesn't contain chapters and later saving chapters back to them, the editor
  was truncating the file down to a couple of KB in size. This was a
  regression introduced with the implementation of #2439 in v30.0.0 Fixes
  #2476.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu