Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v31.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 12:34:06 +0100

Hey,

I've just released MKVToolNix v31.0.0 which fixes a couple of issues,
especially drag & drop support in combination with Qt 5.12 and
newer. Note that the addition of flushing cached data on closing files
introduced in v30 has been reverted to do detrimental behavior; an
additional command line option has been added to make mkvmerge flush
its buffers for those who need it.

Nothing has changed for package managers since v30.1.0.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 31.0.0 "Dolores In A Shoestand" 2019-02-09

## New features and enhancements

* all programs: added a new option `--abort-on-warnings` that will cause the
  program to abort after it has emitted the first warning, similar to how it
  aborts after the first error. Implements #2493.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: when closing files that were opened for writing,
  cached data will not be flushed to storage automatically anymore. This
  reverts the workaround implemented for #2469. A new option was added to both
  programs (`--flush-on-close`) that re-enables flushing for people who are
  affected by data loss such as described in #2469.

  The reason is that automatic flushing causes long delays in processing
  queues when the output by mkvmerge/mkvextract isn't the final product but
  just an intermediate result to be processed further.

  Implements #2480.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the dialog previewing different character sets
  for text subtitles will now keep the position of the displayed text when
  switching between character sets. Implements #2489.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: AVI reader: using DV type 1 AVIs will now result in an unsupported
  file type being reported (as the underlying AVI library doesn't support
  them) instead of crashing mkvmerge. Fixes #2491.
* mkvmerge: HEVC: the height of interlaced streams will now be set correctly
  to the height of the full frame instead of the height of a single interlaced
  field. Fixes #2446.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: edit lists consisting solely of elements that mkvmerge
  doesn't support (such as dwells) are simply ignored. Before no data was read
  for such tracks at all. Fixes #2487.
* mkvmerge: text subtitles: entries with an explicit duration of 0ms will now
  be handled correctly: the 0ms duration will be stored in Matroska instead of
  the difference between the current and the following entry. Fixes #2490.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, chapter editor: fixed drag & drop handling with
  Qt 5.12.0 and newer. Fixes #2472.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the GUI did not clean up temporary files
  created when running `mkvmerge`. Fixes #2499.

## Build system changes

* Qt 5.4.0 or newer has required (up from 5.3.0) since version 30.0.0; I just
  forgot to include this entry.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu