Subject: [Cellar] Interactive Menu - VideoLAN Google Summer of Code

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 09:03:40 +0100

Hi everyone,

As Videolan (which I'm part of) is preparing this year's Google Summer
of Code projects, we added one regarding Matroska and interactive
menus (think Netflix/Black Mirror Bandersnatch)
https://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2019/#Interactive_movie_support

It involves adding things to the Matroska specification to handle
active zones and actions, but not using the (complex) DVD chapter
codec. And then adding support in VLC (which already has DVD and
BluRay (and DVD in Matroska) support).

If any of you know a student who qualifies to apply let her/him know.

The technical discussions on Matroska will probably happen here.

-- 
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman

---

From: hubblec4 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 13:00:35 +0100

Hi Steve

Very interesting news.

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 15:36:06 -0500

Hey, that's really great news! Congratulations, and I hope you find a great
candidate that picks this project to work on. :)

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 7:00 AM hubblec4 <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar
>