Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v33.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 19:03:57 +0200

Hey,

another month, time for another release of MKVToolNix: v33.0.0. This
is still a rather quiet time for MKVToolNix; hence this is another
small bug fix release.

There've been no changes regarding packaging since the previous
release.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 33.0.0 "A Little Bit of Madness" 2019-04-12

## Bug fixes

* mkvinfo: when using the `--size` option, mkvinfo will now report the
  correctly if an element has an unknown size. Part of the fix of #2530.
* MKVToolNix GUI: info tool: clusters with an unknown size will now be read
  and displayed correctly. Part of the fix of #2530.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: Windows: trying to open Blu-ray index or
  playlist files failed when the path to the files contained symbolic links
  (e.g. when mounting a drive in a sub-folder via Windows' disk management
  utility). Fixes #2522.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if a destination file names ends with a number
  in parenthesis (e.g. a year such as "(2017)"), that number will not be
  stripped anymore during the process of ensuring the destination file name is
  unique. Only those suffixes added automatically in prior attempts to make
  the file name unique will be removed. Fixes #2521.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: Windows: the GUI will let the user change the
  drive letter part of the destination file name freely again and only verify
  its validity right before starting to mux/adding to the job queue. Before it
  tried to force that into something valid, often resulting in unintentional
  paths (such as "C:\users\…\DC\files\…"). Fixes #2527.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu

---

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:49:11 +0200

Hey,

well, I buggered up the handling of UNC paths on Windows in release
33.0.0. So… sorry? :) Here's a fix for that. As this is just an emergency
hot fix release I'll include the news for v33.0.0, too.

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 33.1.0 "Primrose" 2019-04-15

## Bug fixes

* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: Windows: using UNC paths
  (e.g. `\\server\Videos`) when the option "automatically set the destination
  file name" was set in the preferences, the GUI would create a destination
  file name with forward slashes (e.g. `//server/Videos/outputfile.mkv`), a
  syntax not supported by `mkvmerge`. Fixes #2533 & #2534.
* build system: the programs were accidentally built without stack protection
  (`-fstack-protector-strong`) on recent versions of gcc and clang.

## Bug fixes

Have fun :)

mosu