Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v38.0.0 release

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 15:24:53 +0200

Hey,

Looks like it's time for MKVToolNix v38, which continues the
bug-fixing tradition of previous releases.

There's one minor change wrt. packaging: Boost's Operators header
library is now required.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 38.0.0 "The Silent Type" 2019-10-06

## New features and enhancements

* mkvextract: chapters, tags & cue sheets will now be written to standard
  output if no file name is given, same as if `-` is given as the file name.
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added a new setting in the preferences' "job
  queue & job status" section that, when enabled, will cause the GUI to remove
  all output files created by jobs that are either aborted by the user or that
  end in an error. Implements #2614.

## Bug fixes

* all programs: macOS: fixed file access if the file name (including all path
  components) contains any Unicode character where NFC (Normalization Form
  Canonical Composed) and NFD (Normalization Form Canonical Decomposed)
  differ, e.g. German Umlauts. Fixes #2620.
* mkvmerge: when splitting by chapters the user can now split by chapters
  coming from one of the appended files, too. Fixes #2625.
* mkvmerge: AAC reader: fixed reading codec parameters (channels, sample rate)
  if a file starts with garbage that includes valid-but-bogus AAC
  headers. Fixes #2622.
* MKVToolNix GUI: Hebrew was added to the list of often-used languages so that
  it can be selected by default again. Fixes #2610.
* MKVToolNix GUI: when updating the GUI's settings from v37.0.0 or older, the
  GUI checks if the list of often-used languages equals the built-in list from
  v36.0.0. If it does, it will be updated to the built-in list changed in
  v37.0.0. Fixes #2611.

## Build system changes

* Boost's Operators header library is now required.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

Kind regards,
mosu