Subject: [cicm] Taking over High Assurance Crypto Mailing List

From: "Novikov, Lev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:43:17 +0000

For the past few years, I've been managing the Common Interface to Cryptographic
Modules (CICM) mailing list ([email-masked]) and the associated drafts 
(draft-lanz-cicm-*; see: <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lanz-cicm/>)

Unfortunately, late last fiscal year funding for CICM was cut (although rumors
of its return persist) making it difficult for me to contribute in any way.

However, instead of declaring this effort dead (or indefinitely offline), I want
to know if anyone is interested in taking over the management of the list and
moving the spec forward.

The use cases would need to be finalized and the spec would have to be rebuilt
according to those use cases, although a substantial part could be moved over
from the five existing drafts. The result would be an API that is flexible enough
to handle existing commercial applications, but robust enough to handle existing
scenarios with security domain separation for which PKCS#11-like APIs are 
inadequate due to differences in logical model.

Contact me privately to discuss a transition of leadership.

Thanks,
Lev