Subject: Re: Last Call: Indicating media features for MIME content to (fwd)

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:42:36 +0100

Comments from IANA.

Is the reference in question normative?

    Patrik

P.S. See that I am addressed explicitely on the response!

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: måndag 14 februari 2000 11.52 -0800
From: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Last Call: Indicating media features for MIME content to

IESG:

The IANA has reviewed the following Internet-Drafts which are in Last
Call: 

	 draft-ietf-conneg-content-features-02.txt
	 draft-ietf-conneg-feature-type-02.txt

and has the following comments with regards to the publication of these 
documents.

In both "References" sections, there is an I-D:

	 [9] "Registration of Charset and Languages Media Features Tags",	 
              draft-hoffman-char-lang-media-01.txt
	     
What is the status?  Is it normative?  

Joyce K. Reynolds
IANA Liaison to the IESG

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

---

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:37:08 +0000

Patrik,

The indicated reference is not normative to either of these specifications.

Some examples do use the charset tag defined by the reference in question 
(partly due to WG last-call comments about the desirability of always 
indicating a charset with a text content type), but does not affect the 
specification.

Quite coincidentally, I have just (within the past hour) e-mailed Paul 
Hoffman about asking for a (non-WG) last call on his charset/language 
draft, since that is very complementary, and I think it would be desirable 
if it were to move forward about the same time as the WG proposals.

#g
--

>---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])