Subject: Conneg drafts

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:24:04 +0100

Patrik,

The following conneg drafts have been updated and republished to reflect (I 
believe) Ned's comments:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conneg-feature-type-03.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conneg-content-features-03 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conneg-content-features-03.txt

I am not aware of any other comments received during the last call period.

I also note that there are non-normative references to Paul Hoffman's 
charset/language tag registration memo which I believe is also going 
through last call.  Assuming that draft is approved, I think it would be 
nice if these could go forward together so that RFC references can be provided.

Doing a final review of the published drafts, I have spotted a small error 
in <draft-ietf-conneg-feature-type-03.txt>, section 3:

        NOTE:  Allowing content-type parameters to be part of a
        type tag value was considered, but rejected because of
        concerns about canonicalization, ordering, case
        sensitivity, etc.  Only exact, case-sensitive, character
        matching is defined for media feature expressions [1].

  the last sentence should read:

        Only exact, case-sensitive, character matching is defined
        for string values in media feature expressions [1].

Do you want me to re-publish this?

I've also forgotten to update the copyright year in 
<draft-ietf-conneg-content-features-03.txt>, and spotted a couple of 
trivial typos in section 3.1.  I guess that these can be fixed during RFC 
publication process.

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])