Subject: Protocol Action: Identifying composite media features to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:34:08 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Identifying composite media
features' <draft-ietf-conneg-feature-hash-05.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Content Negotiation
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik
Faltstrom.

Note: THis documents UPDATES RFC2533.

Technical Summary
 
In RFC 2533, an expression format is presented for describing media
feature capabilities as a combination of simple media feature tags.
This document describes an abbreviated format for a composite media
feature set, based upon a hash of the feature expression describing
that composite.

Working Group Summary

There were some discussions on how and if URIs should be included as
sole identifiers, but the wg came to a compromise solution. Part from
this, no contention existed about this document.

Protocol Quality

The specification has been reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom.

RFC-Editor note:

Please remove section 1.3 and Appendix B