Subject: [core] How many endpoint values into a single 6LowPAN message?

From: Daniel Berenguer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:31:14 +0100

>From the description of the working group:

2) The ability to allow a Device to publish a value or event to another
Device that has subscribed to be notified of changes, as well as the
way for a Device to subscribe to receive publishes from another
Device.

I wonder whether the WG is thinking in transporting one value per
6LowPAN message or will try to package several values into a single
message. Based on my limited experience, working with simple
message/value pairs makes implementations (and integrations within the
wireless network) much easier and interoperability is less of a
problem. With this simple approach, interoperability would even be
possible without the definition of functional profiles, just following
a basic data structure in every message. Of course, this is true only
for M2M applications but I understand that this is the main goal of
the CoAP protocol.

Thanks for your work.

Daniel.