Subject: [core] I-D Action:draft-ietf-core-coap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 04:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-02.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-09-27

This document specifies the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP),
a specialized web transfer protocol for use with constrained networks
and nodes for machine-to-machine applications such as smart energy
and building automation.  These constrained nodes often have 8-bit
microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while networks
such as 6LoWPAN often have high packet error rates and a typical
throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  CoAP provides a method/response
interaction model between application end-points, supports built-in
resource discovery, and includes key web concepts such as URIs and
content-types.  CoAP easily translates to HTTP for integration with
the web while meeting specialized requirements such as multicast
support, very low overhead and simplicity for constrained
environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-coap-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.