Subject: [core] Problem in using ACK in resource discovery

From: Hari Hara Sudhan R <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:39:33 +0530

CoAP spec mentions that when CoAP endpoint receives an acknowledgement
it searches
for context and if it doesnt any entry they send a RESET message.

	Section 2.2.4. of CoAP spec indicates that

	"A Reset message indicates that a specific Confirmable message was
	received, but some context is missing to properly process it."

	Section 4.2 Retransmission mention that

	"When a matching Acknowledgment is received for an entry, the entry is
	invalidated."

When resource discovery message ("./well-known/core") is multicast
more than one CoAP endpoint
would send a RD response.

when the first ACK response is received the entry is invalidated and
all the other ACKs sent by the other clients will result in RESET
message as it will not be able to find the CoAP context.

Should we handle the CON message for resource discovery in a different way?

Thanks and Regards,
Hari Hara Sudhan R