Subject: [core] New ticket for Observe: Non-confirmable vs confirmable notification

From: Linyi Tian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:15:16 +0800

Hi, All
 
I just want to echo this potential new ticket.

In the current draft, It Is RECOMMENDED to send non-confirmable notification
by the server. In the example, It Is shown that during the lifetime, the
server can switch between non-confirmable and confirmable notification.

I asked the question why not just send non-confirmable notification and let
the client to GET If It does want to get the status In real time.

The answer I got was following:
1. If the resource changes frequently, then the non-confirmable notification
would be better. 
2. If the resource Is quite stable, then the confirmable notification would
be better.

I think this kind of description should be Included In the draft to help the
server developer. It Is better to say one method Is recommended without the
rationale. 

Cheers,
Linyi