Subject: [core] coap #83 (new): Critical options in cached states

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 02:49:36 -0000

#83: Critical options in cached states

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap            |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:                    
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/83>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:21:05 -0000

Changes (by hartke@…):

  * owner:  zach@… => cabo@…

Comment:

 What to do when a caching intermediary (e.g., a proxy with a cache) does
 not understand a critical option, although the client and the server both
 do.

 Consensus in the call: If the caching intermediary does not understand a
 critical option in a request, it should reject the request. (Assuming that
 responses do not contain critical options other than those present in the
 request.)

 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  cabo@…      

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/83#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>