Subject: [core] coap #62 (new): Uri-Scheme option

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 05:55:49 -0000

#62: Uri-Scheme option

 In draft-ietf-core-coap-01 and earlier we had a Uri-Scheme option (3,
 default coap://). It was removed in coap-02 after determining that it was
 not necessary.

 Recent discussion has indicated that some people would find Uri-Scheme
 useful for a client to indicate the protocol to proxy to when using a
 multi-protocol proxy.

 Discussion is neeed to detemine if we want to add Uri-Scheme back to the
 protocol. The following text described this option in coap-01:

 "3.2.2. Uri-Scheme Option

 The Uri-Scheme Option indicates the schema part of the URI without any ":"
 or "://" glue.  This option is most often used to access a resource via a
 proxy.  For example, to access an HTTP resource via a proxy the option
 value would be "http".  In the absence of this option, the URI scheme is
 assumed to be "coap".  Section 2.5.2 specifies the rules for URIs in CoAP.
 This option MUST be supported by an end-point implementing proxy
 functionality."

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:     
Component:  coap                |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/62>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>