Subject: [core] link-format #85 (new): Context and default relation type

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:07:37 -0000

#85: Context and default relation type

 Peter brought up two points that need to be improved in Section 2.1 and
 2.2 of the document in http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/core/current/msg01214.html

 * The Context of the link relation should be better explained in Section
 2.1.  Technically, the context of the list items is the resource which is
 the server itself ("coap://authority").

 * Currently Section 2.2 defines use of the RFC5988 relation type "service"
 to indicate that /.well-known/core links are services of the server. This
 overloading of that relation might cause confusion. It was suggested
 instead that a new relation "hosts" (name TBD) should be defined. This
 relation describes that the link is hosted by the server.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  pab@…                
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new                  
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                       
Component:  link-format         |     Version:                       
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                       
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/85>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>