Subject: [core] coap #80 (new): IANA section

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:20:19 -0000

#80: IANA section

 Alexey suggests improvements to the IANA section:

 * In Section 11 - IANA registration policy for COAP status codes and COAP
 MIME types is not defined. I suggest Expert Review at minimum (because of
 code/MIME type space is so small).

 * Also, the coap:// URI scheme needs to be registered using the URI
 registration template.

 * Should COAP methods be registered with IANA together with COAP status
 codes (as they are used in the same field)? (Zach: Yes they should be)

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap                |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/80>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:18:39 -0000

#80: IANA section

Comment(by hartke@…):

 Rule for the registration of future CoAP MIME types: Accept registering
 numeric request codes only after there are alphabetic registrations.

 However, a media type might turn up in alphabetic form first and be
 defined in numeric later. What do we do in the interim? Idea: Use codes in
 the experimental range and correlate them to the alphabetic form in the
 link-format.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/80#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>