Subject: [core] observe #68 (new): Minimum duration between observation requests

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 16:48:40 -0000

#68: Minimum duration between observation requests

 There should probably be a minimum duration between two observation
 requests by the same client to the same resource. This is in particular
 required in the case the observation request falls back to a normal GET
 request.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  hartke@…      
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:                
Component:  observe         |     Version:                
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:                
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/68>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:38:38 -0000

#68: Rules for subscribing

Comment(by hartke@…):

 This ticket is to add following rules for subscribing an observer to a
 resource:

     * A client SHOULD NOT subscribe or refresh a subscription to a
 resource for the duration specified in the Max-Age option in the last
 notification after receiving that notification.

     * A client MAY refresh a subscription before the remaining lifetime
 ends.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/68#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>