Subject: [core] block #45 (new): Large responses to large POST/PUT

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:46:39 -0000

#45: Large responses to large POST/PUT

 Section 2.2 of ietf-block-00 indicates that the mechanism is not able to
 deal with large responses to a large POST/PUT request. The document
 suggests that this would be dealt with using a redirect to perform the
 retrieval using a GET instead.

 coap-03 doesn't currently support redirects. This ticket proposes to add
 limited (same-host only) support for redirect to support the block option
 and other simple redirection needs.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  block               |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/45>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:09:14 -0000

Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 The conclusion from the WG meeting in Beijing was that we don't need to
 support large representations in both directions, so this doesn't warrant
 redirect support.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  block               |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  wontfix           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/45#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>