Subject: [core] coap #74 (new): Rules for request/response matching

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:14:11 -0000

#74: Rules for request/response matching

 This ticket is to add rules for request/response matching
     * within a transaction;
     * between request and deferred response.

 With e.g. DTLS, request and response should be in the same security
 context.
 With nosec, there is only the IP address that must match.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap            |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:                    
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/74>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:16:04 -0000

Comment(by hartke@…):

 Apart from the open question if clients should be able to obtain a
 response in a specific form (immediate or deferred), all requirements to
 request/response matching can be fulfilled by always using the token for
 correlation, and giving it a default value (e.g., a zero-length byte
 sequence).

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/74#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>