Subject: [core] coap #82 (new): Disambiguate between proxy and non-proxy requests

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 02:48:24 -0000

#82: Disambiguate between proxy and non-proxy requests

 What to do when a client thinks an end-point is a server when it's
 actually a proxy?

 The solution is to have the client say what it thinks, so that its wrong
 assumption can be pointed out by the remote end-point.

 Possible solutions include:

    * Use the Uri-Scheme Option with a small set of new rules from
 [http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg01235.html here];
    * Add a new Uri-Proxy Option with similar rules (option has no value);
    * Increment the method code by 20 for requests made through proxies.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap            |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:                    
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/82>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:20:03 -0000

Comment(by hartke@…):

 There is also the danger if a server gets a request that is intended for a
 proxy, and it does not evaluate the authority and returns the wrong
 resource. This needs to be addressed by a solution as well.

 A better name for the "Uri-Proxy" Option is "Allow-Proxy" or "Request-
 Proxy".

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/82#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>