Subject: [core] link-format #84 (new): UTF-8

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:00:19 -0000

#84: UTF-8

 Martin Thomson suggested that it might be useful to use UTF-8 for the link
 format instead of US-ASCII. The cost associated with this is for clients
 to be able to ignore the high bit being set.

 Note: this would require CoAP Uri-* options to be in UTF-8 as well in
 order to be able to query for link format parameters in the query string.
 To be considered in a separate CoAP ticket.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  link-format         |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/84>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:41:36 -0000

#84: UTF-8

Comment(by hartke@…):

 The normalization format should be specified, i.e. NFC. This should be a
 SHOULD.

 It should be explained that, unless there is a need to display
 information, all UTF-8 strings can be handled as byte strings (including
 things like finding & and = in query strings, as UTF-8 is alias-free).

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/84#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>