Subject: [core] block #44 (new): How to estimate the size of a representation

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:42:05 -0000

#44: How to estimate the size of a representation

 The issue has been brought up that it would be nice to be able to
 determine the size of a large representation before starting a block
 transfer on it (in case the receiving side does not have e.g. enough
 storage space for it).

 - At the minimum, the link-format should be able to indicate this for
 fairly static large resources.

 - The WG needs to determine if it is worthwhile also adding a new Size-
 estimate option that can be used to indicate the size of a representation
 when responding to a GET request, or in the request of a POST/PUT.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  block               |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/44>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>