Subject: [core] coap #50 (new): Human readable error payloads

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:24:57 -0000

#50: Human readable error payloads

 From Klaus:

 "2.1.1.
 The figure suggests that the payload of a 4xx/5xx response is a
 human-readable diagnostic message (here: "Not found"). This doesn't
 seem to be defined anywhere, although I'd love if it was. (For
 example, my CoAP server includes a complete stack trace in a 500
 response when an exception is thrown and it's in debug mode. This
 helps remote debugging a lot.)"

 Suggestion to recommend this in Section 11.1.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:     
Component:  coap                |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/50>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:14:25 -0000

Comment(by zach@…):

 It also needs to be clarified that the payload included with an error
 response is text/plain.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/50#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>