Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-core-patch-00.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 11:23:05 +0100

Dear all,

We have submitted a new draft to the core working group.
The draft accompanies the comi draft.
Doing a PUT on YANG resource may result in way too large payloads when 
only a part of the resource needs to be modified, as encouraged by the 
comi draft.
This has motivated us to write the PATCH draft, that has many aspects in 
common with the HTTP PATCH draft.

Looking forward to your comments,

Peter, Anuj

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-core-patch-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-core-patch
Revision:	00
Title:		Patch Method for Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
Document date:	2015-03-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:            
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-00.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-core-patch/
Htmlized:       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-00

Abstract:
    Several applications (for example see [I-D.vanderstok-core-comi])
    which extend the Constrained Application Protocol [RFC7252] (CoAP)
    need to perform partial resource modifications.  The existing CoAP
    PUT method only allows a complete replacement of a resource.  This
    proposal adds a new CoAP method, PATCH, to modify an existing CoAP
    resource partially.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat