Subject: Re: [core] #376 (http-mapping): CoAP 4.05 response can't be translated to HTTP 405 by HC proxy

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:30:50 -0000

#376: CoAP 4.05 response can't be translated to HTTP 405 by HC proxy

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Above proposal is included in -06

 However, a possible issue was found: because of the temporary nature of
 the "no methods allowed" in such 405 response, the HTTP client may be
 tempted to endlessly retry with the same HTTP method. So keeping this
 ticket open

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  new
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/376#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:35:45 -0000

Consensus form IETF meeting: in this case use code 400 and, if proxy has
 more granular information about the supported methods for the requested
 resource (e.g. via RD, or via a TBD "Allow" CoAP Option), then it can send
 405 with a properly populated Allow header.  The consensus was to avoid
 405 with an empty Allow as is written in the current text.

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/376#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>