Subject: Re: [core] #377 (http-mapping): Define an open ended HTTP media type "application/x-coap-<n>" ?

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:37:54 -0000

#377: Define an open ended HTTP media type "application/x-coap-<n>" ?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Alternative proposal at CoRE WG meeting attributed to Pete Resnik:
 register a generic "application/coap-..." media type and define a media
 type parameter for this type, that encodes the CoAP content format as a
 number. This avoids choking the media type registry with lots of different
 numbered formats.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  new
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/377#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>