Subject: [core] #381 (http-mapping): Mapping CoAP 4.01 to HTTP 401 Unauthorized

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 09:20:44 -0000

#381: Mapping CoAP 4.01 to HTTP 401 Unauthorized

 A solution was found on the mapping of CoAP 4.01; proposed:

 A HTTP 401 Unauthorized (Section 3.1 of <xref target="RFC7235"/>) response
 MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header. Since there is no CoAP equivalent
 of WWW-Authenticate, the HC proxy must generate this header itself
 including at least one challenge (Section 4.1 of [RFC7235]). If the HC
 proxy does not implement a proper authentication method that can be used
 to gain access to the target CoAP resource, it can include a 'dummy'
 challenge for example "WWW-Authenticate: None".

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/381>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:27:55 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 done in -06 according to proposal

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:  fixed
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/381#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>