Subject: [core] Additional information on CoCoA

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:55:17 +0100

Dear WG,

Let me send you this e-mail with additional information, as a little
update, on the CoAP simple Congestion Control/Advanced (CoCoA) draft
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-cocoa-02):

1. ICCRG presentation
2. CoCoA implementations
3. Call to action

1. ICCRG presentation
*********************

As mentioned today by Carsten in the CoRE WG meeting, the CoCoA draft was
presented last Monday in the Internet Congestion Control Research Group
(ICCRG) meeting.

You may find the slides here:
www.ietf.org/proceedings/92/slides/slides-92-iccrg-2.pptx

As you may note, in comparison with the results presented in Honolulu,
additional (positive!) results have been obtained from new experiments
performed in the FlockLab testbed, a remotely accessible 802.15.4 testbed.

On the other hand, and this is a reply to Ari's request in previous
meetings ;), you may find in slide 19 the RAM requirements per client role
for each of the algorithms tested.

2. CoCoA implementations
************************

CoCoA was incorporated in Californium and made publicly available already
before Honolulu. You may find the pointers to the implementation in slide
8.

On the other hand, CoCoA has also been implemented for Erbium. However,
this implementation is not yet publicly available (we hope it can be
published soon!).

3. Call to action
*****************

As in slide 22, we would like to make a call to action to the CoRE WG:

- Please implement the draft and let us know whether the specification is
clear.

- Please experiment with CoCoA and let us know whether you find any
performance issues or something missing (other than the red colored items
in slides 20 and 21).

Thanks!

Carles