Subject: [core] Bockchain and IoT

From: Pascal Urien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 23:14:59 +0200

The today paradigm of IoT is oriented towards cloud environments managed in
a way or another by a third trusted party.

One benefit of the blockchain technology is that there is no third trusted
party.

In the Blockchain IoT paradigm objects forward data in signed transactions,
what imply a relationship between a blockchain address and an object
(managing a private key).

The draft
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-urien-core-blockchain-transaction-protocol-00.txt
 is a first tentative toward a “no third trusted party IoT architecture”

If some people are interested by this direction we can meet at the end of
the core session on Thursday ?

Draft  summary.

The goal of the blockchain transaction protocol for constraint nodes   is
to enable the generation of blockchain transactions by constraint  nodes,
according to the following principles :

 - transactions are triggered by Provisioning-Messages that include  the
needed blockchain parameters.

- binary encoded transactions are returned in Transaction-Messages,  which
include sensors/actuators data. Constraint nodes, associated with
blockchain addresses, compute the transaction signature.
Pascal Urien