Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 06:48:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CoRE Resource Directory
        Authors         : Zach Shelby
                          Michael Koster
                          Carsten Bormann
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Christian Amsüss
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-14.txt
	Pages           : 80
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   In many M2M applications, direct discovery of resources is not
   practical due to sleeping nodes, disperse networks, or networks where
   multicast traffic is inefficient.  These problems can be solved by
   employing an entity called a Resource Directory (RD), which hosts
   descriptions of resources held on other servers, allowing lookups to
   be performed for those resources.  This document specifies the web
   interfaces that a Resource Directory supports in order for web
   servers to discover the RD and to register, maintain, lookup and
   remove resource descriptions.  Furthermore, new link attributes
   useful in conjunction with an RD are defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 15:52:01 +0200

HI Core,

We have the pleasure to submit a new version of the resource directory,

Major changes with former version 13 are:

o  Rename "registration context" to "registration base URI" (and
      "con" to "base") and "domain" to "sector" (where the abbreviation
      "d" stays for compatibility reasons)

   o  Introduced resource types core.rd-ep and core.rd-gp

   o  Registration management moved to appendix A, including endpoint
      and group lookup

   o  Minor editorial changes

   o  Simple registration carries no error information and succeeds
      immediately (previously, sequence was unspecified)

   o  Lookup: href are matched against resolved values (previously, this
      was unspecified)

   o  Lookup: lt are not exposed any more

   o  con/base: Paths are allowed

   o  Registration resource locations can not have query or fragment
      parts

   o  Default life time extended to 25 hours

   o  clarified registration update rules

   o  lt-value semantics for lookup clarified.

   o  added template for simple registration Greetings,

Peter
-------- Oorspronkelijke bericht -------- 

 		ONDERWERP:
 		[core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-14.txt

 		DATUM:
 		2018-07-02 15:48

 		AFZENDER:
 		[email-masked]

 		ONTVANGER:
 		<[email-masked]>

 		KOPIE:
 		[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of
the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core